Molds – a common issue in every house. Well, most of the times we ignore them considering weather change, less cleanliness and moisture. However, these are one of the common triggers especially if you have allergies and asthma.
Ironically, conventional medicine does not consider Molds as a harmful issue and that is the reason why your Doctor is not much of a help in figuring out your frequent allergies and asthma attacks.
While it is difficult to see or smell them but it is critical to know the symptoms beforehand as Molds can result in an array of health issues.
Common Symptoms Of Mold Illness:
Most of the Mold illness symptoms mirror common health issue symptoms which is one of the biggest reason of ignorance for this critical issue:
1. Frequent Headaches
2. Fatigue, Post-Exercise Malaise, And Weakness
3. Muscle Cramping, Aches And Pains, Joint Pain Without
Inflammatory Arthritis, And Persistent Nerve Pain
4. Memory Problems, Difficulty In Focusing, Executive Function Problems, Brain Fog
5. Light Sensitivity, Blurred Vision, Red Eyes
6. Sinusitis, Air Hunger, Cough, Shortness Of Breath, Asthma-Like Signs
8. Static “Shocks”
9. Weight Gain Despite Controlled Measures
11. Numbness And Tingling Sensations In Hands, Feet, And Legs
12. Abdominal Pain, Diarrhoea, Appetite Changes, And Nausea
13. Night Sweats Or Temperature Regulation Issues
14. Excessive Thirst
15. Increased Urination
16. Constant Metallic Taste In Mouth
Common Areas Of Mold Growth
The common problem with Mold growth
The most common areas in house prone to Molds are:
1. Bathrooms-The black spots on your shower curtain, white patched on the shower head and taps especially if your bathroom is not properly ventilated.
2. Water damaged buildings are the common victim which in turn leads to the growth of Mold resulting in mold illness among susceptible individuals.
3. Molds can even attach on your shoes, pets, clothes, carpets, furniture, books, and papers.
4. Molds can even circulate in air; thus, it is very important to change your HVAC filter every three months.
Bigger Problem – CIRS
Water damaged building supporting Mold growth can result into serious health issue known as CIRS – Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome. CIRS was originally defined by Dr Shoemaker, a former physician.
As per Dr Shoemaker, “This illness happens after exposure to the interior environment of a Water-Damaged Building (WDB). There are many ways buildings become home
Also, as per the research conducted by Dr Shoemaker, around 24 percent of the population is genetically susceptible to mold toxicity, due to the presence of immune response gene (HLA-DR).
Preventive measure to stop Mold Growth at homes
If you have even a slight doubt about Mold infestation at your homes, then we strongly suggest to take following preventive measures to avoid any upcoming health issue:
1. Gather as much information as much you can regarding Molds
2. If you have any plumbing issues, water leakage, restricted ventilation in bathrooms, then, fix all these problems as soon as possible.
3. Scrub mold off shower heads, shower curtains and taps with detergent and water and dry completely.
4. Keep a check on
5. Make sure your air conditioning drip pans are clean.
6. Make sure there is enough ground sloping away from building’s foundation, to avoid any kind of water clogging near the foundation.
7. Keep indoor humidity between 30 and 50 percent.
8. Avoid carpeting areas where perpetual moisture problems may develop.
No matter how small a problem appears but keep in mind at the end of the day it is a problem which needs to be checked and sorted out.