Most of the skin care and beauty treatments focus mainly on the face as your face is the first thing everyone observes. While many women prefer visiting the beauty salon to accentuate their facial beauty, some may prefer more natural home remedies. Since many cosmetic products contain chemicals, they may cause temporary or even permanent damage to your skin.
But, the advantage of using natural products is that they don’t have any harmful effects as they are devoid of harsh chemicals. Here are some tried-and-tested natural face packs that you can prepare right at home, which enhance your skin health and help treat suntan, acne, dry skin or oily skin.
1. Lemon And Honey Face Pack For Oily Skin
The combination of lemon and honey for skin care is a favorite among several women. Lemon is great for cleaning the skin, removing dead skin cells, and reducing oil secretion. Honey’s antibacterial and antiseptic properties also help reduce oil secretion, which helps in preventing pimples and acne.
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons raw honey
- Mix lemon juice and honey together in a bowl.
- Apply the mixture on your face and let it dry for 20 minutes.
- Wash with lukewarm water to treat oily skin and to make your skin supple and moisturized.
2. Saffron Face Pack To Boost Skin’s Natural Glow
Besides its use as a dye, perfume, and food spice, saffron has a remarkable effect on the skin due to its healing properties.1 It improves your skin tone, eliminates scars and blemishes, removes dark circles and fine lines, and clears dull skin. In addition, it also increases blood circulation, which makes your skin glow.
- 4 strands saffron
- 2 teaspoons of water
- 1 teaspoon milk
- A pinch of sugar
- 3-4 drops coconut oil
- Few crumbs of bread
- Soak the saffron overnight in the water (the water will turn golden yellow).
- Add the milk, sugar and coconut oil to the saffron infused water.
- Immerse the bread crumbs in this mixture and apply this mixture evenly on your face.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes, then wash with cold water and gently pat dry your face. Repeat this at least twice or thrice a week to improve your overall skin tone and complexion.
3. Curd And Gram Flour Face Pack For Dry Skin
The combination of curd and gram flour face pack is an effective method to nourish dry skin and remove dead skin cells. While the gram flour and honey help in cleansing the skin, curd has a moisturizing effect and turmeric works as an antiseptic.
- 2 tablespoons gram flour
- 1 tablespoon curd
- 1 teaspoon honey
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- Mix the gram flour, curd, honey and turmeric powder until it becomes a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste evenly on your face and leave it for five minutes.
- Wash it with cold water.
4. Aloe Vera Face Pack To Treat Suntan And Black Spots
The skin health benefits of aloe vera are popular worldwide and it is commonly used in cosmetics and skin care products. Its leaves contain compounds such as polysaccharides, mannans, and lectins. Aloe vera is also effective in getting rid of suntan and dark spots caused due to sun exposure.
- 2-3 aloe vera leaves
- 3-4 drops lemon juice
- Squeeze the aloe vera gel from the leaves into a bowl.
- Add the lemon juice to the gel.
- Mix the ingredients with your fingers and apply it on your face.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes before washing it with cold water.
5. Fuller’s Earth And Lemon Juice Face Pack For Pimple Scars
Fuller’s earth, often called as Multani mitti, contains healing properties that fight against acne and blemishes. It is rich in magnesium chloride, which helps in reducing acne scars and cleanses the skin. Turmeric’s antiseptic properties help in maintaining the pH levels of your skin and the acidic content of lemon removes the dirt and keeps the skin germ-free. Sandalwood has numerous skin-friendly benefits and helps improve your skin tone.
- 2 teaspoons fuller’s earth
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sandalwood powder
- Add fuller’s earth to a dash of turmeric powder and sandalwood powder.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well to make a smooth paste.
- Apply this face pack on your face and wash with cold water after it dries.
6. Coriander And Turmeric Powder Face Pack For Blackheads
The antibacterial and anti-aging properties of turmeric combined with the curative effects of coriander leaves are great to eliminate blackheads on your face. This powerful combination helps in shrinking large pores. Coriander performs the role of a caustic to remove dirt, blocking the pores of your skin, while turmeric helps in the removal of excess oil from the skin pores.
- A handful of coriander leaves
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- Blend coriander leaves with the turmeric powder to make a fine paste.
- Add a few drops of water, if required.
- Apply this paste to your face and leave it overnight.
- Wash it off with cold water in the morning. Repeat this procedure twice a week to get rid of blackheads.
7. Fenugreek Seed Face Pack To Cool Your Skin
Fenugreek, also known as methi, has a cooling effect on the skin and helps reduce inflammation and discomfort caused by pimples. Moreover, its antiseptic and antibiotic properties heal skin infections, while keeping your skin hydrated and clean.
- 2-3 teaspoons fenugreek seeds
- 1/4 cup water
- Soak the fenugreek seeds overnight in the cup of water.
- The next day, grind them into a paste.
- Apply the paste to your face evenly.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes before washing, which leaves your skin feeling cool and relaxed. You may store this face pack in the refrigerator for about a week for later use.
|↑1||Srivastava, R., H. Ahmed, and R. K. Dixit. “Crocus sativus L.: a comprehensive review.” Pharmacognosy reviews 4, no. 8 (2010): 200.|