“A goal without a plan is just a wish”
You’ve heard it time and time again, if you want to succeed, set goals. And I agree. Goals are essential to actually achieve the things you most desire.
Reasons why you should set goals:
-They keep you accountable.
-They relieve some stress because everything you want to do is out of your head and written down.
-They keep you on track when you get overwhelmed
-They make your desires actually feel attainable
But how many times have you made certain goals for your health and happiness and then eventually just sat there staring at them, with no real motivation to move forward?
You create this amazing list of everything you desire to have for your body and overall health and then just freeze when it comes to actually implementing the necessary steps to get there. That’s because it’s not necessary to know what you want and how you need to get it done, but ‘why’ you want to do it, that is the driving force.
The why is all about
It’s no wonder that so many times, even when we do reach our goals we experience little to no satisfaction. And instead of being able to celebrate what we’ve accomplished, the enjoyment is fleeting and we have to find the next thing to go after to fill that void.Not focusing on the pleasure is also a reason why many people can’t keep up with things like diets, things that only focus on the end result of losing weight at the cost of health and happiness. You end up in this continuous cycle of happiness-chasing that never ends.
It’s so important to embrace
Creating lasting transformation is not about forceful willpower, but about positive inspiration.
Here are 6 goal driving steps:
1. Write it down: Write down your goals as you normally would for your health, business, love life, etc. This list can be as short or long as you like.
2. Choose the top 3-5: Give yourself options and achieve the goals that are possible. Its better to have a breakdown of possible goals than having an impossible one.
3. Identify the why: Look at each goal and think about why you want to reach that goal and why it’s important to you. Ask yourself why at least 2-3 times and then end with how achieving it would make you feel better.
4.Don’t fix to an outcome: Next, look at the feelings you listed and detach them from any result you were seeking (the original goal). In other words, recognize that these feelings are not a cause of you achieving one specific thing such as a good relationship or landing a great job. These feelings are simply how you
5. Take Action: The next part is to begin brainstorming ideas of various positive ways you can achieve these feelings. For this example, maybe it’s taking a dance class, wearing more feminine clothing, getting a massage, using positive affirmations, taking a few minutes out in the morning to appreciate all the amazing things about you and your body, rather than everything you want to change. This process may take a bit of thinking and even guidance, but it’s important.
6. Full Steam Ahead: And then lastly, schedule a few of these activities
And here’s the thing, if you can get clear on ‘why’ you actually want to achieve a goal, ‘how’ you want to feel and detach these feelings from the specific outcomes, you will be so much more likely to create positive habits, enjoy them and therefore continue them. Because you feel inspired to take action not forced to.
Life will feel like a continuous series of incredible experiences, rather than a continuous chase after a few difficult successes.