To maintain optimum health, keeping your blood sugar levels within normal range is a must. Fluctuating blood sugar levels can contribute to various diseases such as hypoglycemia, hyperglycemia, or diabetes. If you do not monitor and treat abnormal blood sugar levels it can lead to fatal damage to the blood vessels that feed your vital organs.
The Blood Sugar Checklist
This is a bare bones checklist of symptoms to determine if your blood sugar levels are creating havoc in your system:
- Do you feel terrible (weak, shaky, irritable, light-headed or get a headache) if you miss a meal?
- Are you hungry in less than 2 hours after a meal?
- Do you face difficulty in losing weight or you have a tendency to gain weight easily?
- Do you notice a reaction, when you eat sugar?
- Do you have hormone related issues, like acne or irregular periods?
- Would you rate your stress level as low?
- Do you feel drowsy or tired during the day?
- Do you crave starches, sugar or sweets?
- Is your appetite excessive?
- Are you awake throughout the night?
All of the above can be signs or symptoms, that your blood sugar is not well managed and unstable.