Blackberries are one of the healthiest food that nature has endowed us. In the ancient Greeks, blackberries were widely consumed because of the belief that it is an effective cure of the mouth and throat, and wards off various diseases.
Things you need to know about blackberries:
– Blackberries are also known as brambleberries, bramble, dewberry, thimbleberry and lawers.
– Blackberries are is a nutritional powerhouse. Just like spinach, apples, plums, and grapes, blackberries are rich in bioflavonoids and Vitamin C.
– Blackberries have one of the highest antioxidant levels of all fruits. These antioxidants are known to combat the free radicals that causes damage up to the cellular level, which is the reason for various chronic conditions.
– Promotes a healthy brain functioning.
– It contains an astringent known as tannins. It provides a number of benefit including intestinal inflammation, alleviate hemorrhoids, and other digestive problems.
– The leaves of the blackberry is as helpful as the fruit. The leaves can be used to
Teeth and Gums from the Inside Out : Natural Oral Care" href="https://curejoy.com/healthy-teeth-and-gums-from-the-inside-out-natural-oral-care/" target="_blank">treat mild infection of the gums and even sore throats.
– A sufficient amount of vitamin K is present in blackberries, which aids in muscle relaxing, helps blood clot, and regulate menstruation. Sometimes it is used to alleviate labour pains.
popular summer delicacies in the Northern temperate regions. Their season usually last from June to September. When buying blackberries, choose the bright, shiny, completely black, and plump in constancy.