In the remote villages of India where life is lived in harmony with nature, children are familiar with natural home remedies, organic whole foods and holistic healing practices to treat and prevent disease. They are commonly given short, daily acupressure treatments and encouraged to practice traditional energy balancing techniques to ensure the healthy development of their body and mind during puberty and adolescence and to build a strong immune system i.e. the body’s innate self-healing ability. Children of the modern generation are exposed to increasing amounts anxiety and electro-magnetic pollution, which can affect their endocrine glands. The optimum health of the endocrine glands are crucial as they act as a buffers to absorb the negative effects of physical, mental and emotional stress. The glands manufacture and secrete the vital hormones required by. Imbalances within the endocrine glands can result in an array of health problems including behavioral problems, addictions, eating disorders, self-esteem issues and so forth.
Regular acupressure treatment releases impurities and regulates the vital energy flowing throughout the endocrine glands, organs and systems of the body to activate self-healing.
To apply acupressure treatment to a child, use the pad of your thumb. Place it flat against the skin and press intermittently, approximately one press per second on the following areas:
• The top, bottom and sides of each toe and finger to strengthen the immune system.
• The webs between each toe and finger to calm the nerves and release stress.
• The entire sole of each foot and palm of each hand to strengthen the glands and organs.
• The top of each foot and hand to empower the nervous system.
• Around each ankle and wrist to stimulate the lymphatic system and balance the reproductive system.
• End by rotating each toe and finger to the left and right and bend backwards to release tension.
Apply for ten minutes in total once a day.
Mudras heal the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual body and are suitable for all ages.
The meditation mudra strengthens the endocrine glands and nervous system, increases brain capacity, improves mental concentration and memory.
• Sit in Sukhasana (Easy Pose) with your hands on your thighs.
• Place the tip of your left thumb and the tip of your left index finger together.
• Relax and extend your remaining fingers.
• Practice with both hands for twenty minutes in the morning.
The meditation mudra can also be practiced while sitting in Padmasana (Lotus Pose) with the hands placed beside the shoulders and palms facing forward. This hand placement releases accumulated anxiety and encourages a sense of fearlessness.
Each of the seven main chakras is linked to specific endocrine glands. Balancing the energy within the chakras positively influences the glands to promote a healthy body and mind.
To balance a child’s chakras: Ask the child to lie on their back
• Place a red crystal on the root chakra, on the lower abdomen.
• Place an orange crystal on the sacral chakra, just below the naval.
• Place a yellow crystal on the solar plexus chakra, on the upper abdomen.
• Place a green crystal on the heart chakra, on the middle of the chest.
• Place a blue crystal on the throat chakra, on the throat area.
• Place an indigo crystal on the brow chakra, on the middle of the forehead.
• Place a violet crystal on or near the crown chakra, at the top of the head.
Chakra Balancing Practice:
- Dissolve one tablespoon of Himalayan rock salt in a bowl of warm water and place it by your side.
- Briskly rub your hands together for thirty seconds.
- Place your hands several inches above the child’s root chakra and move them slowly in an anti-clockwise motion for thirty seconds, to
- Visualize your hands drawing in the stagnant negative energy from the child’s root chakra.
- Shake your hands briskly over the bowl of warm salt water which absorbs the negative energy.
- Replace your hands over the child’s root chakra and move them slowly in a clockwise motion for one minute to regulate the root chakra energy.
- Visualize the child’s root chakra being activated which initiates self-healing.
- Continue the above steps with the remaining chakras.
- Practice two times a day for healing and once a week as a disease preventative.