Most women are conscious about the shape and size of their breasts often leading to reduced confidence and self-esteem. They may go to great lengths to improve the way their breasts look by wearing padded bras, using breast enlargement creams, or spending huge amounts of money on cosmetic breast implants and breast lift surgeries that permanently enhance their appearance.
You don’t need to take such drastic measures! Along with a host of health benefits, yoga can also help tone and shape your breasts. Practice these yoga poses to safely improve the appearance of your breasts and boost your body image.
1. Bhujangasana/Snake Or Cobra Pose
This pose is called so due to the serpentine posture you take while performing it.It is known to build lung capacity and toughen your abs, providing the much-needed support to your breasts.
- Start by lying face down on your abdomen.
- Place your arms beside your shoulders and inhale deeply.
- Now, slowly lift your upper body, keeping your waist and palms firmly on the floor.
- Raise your head, and exhale gently.
- Return to the starting position, and rest for five seconds.
- Repeat the pose, increasing the time you remain in the asana.
2. Viparita Karani/Legs-Up-The-Wall Pose
For this pose, you need to invert your body and stretch your legs. The pose stretches your breasts against gravity, making them stiffer. Viprita Karani promotes blood circulation throughout the body while enhancing posture and flexibility. Performing the pose gets easier with regular practice.
- Start with your legs raised against the wall at a ninety-degree angle.
- Now, apply pressure on your heels and raise your hips.
- Slide a prop such as a wooden block, pillow, or bolster underneath your hips. You can also use your hands to support yourself.
- Let your neck relax while you concentrate your weight on the back of your head.
- Hold this pose for 5–15 minutes, and return to the start position.
3. Shirshasana/Headstand Pose
Shirshasana can help add firmness and sculpt your breasts. Regulate your breathing during this pose to further benefit from better blood circulation to the lymph nodes that improve breast health.
- Sit on your soles while resting your knees on the floor.
- Interlock your fingers, and create a triangle of the elbows and finger lock.
- Place this firmly on the ground; lean forward and position your head on your interlocked fingers on the floor.
- Extend your legs toward the ceiling, and maintain steadiness for as long as you can.
- Return to the normal position by folding your knees and then your legs.
- Slowly bring your soles to the ground and relax.
4. Trikonasana/Triangle Pose
This pose adds strength to your torso and straightens your spine, thereby naturally lifting your breasts while boosting blood flow.
- Start by keeping your feet wide apart.
- Now, place your left foot at a ninety-degree angle and turn your right foot fifteen-degrees inwards.
- Bend down and place your left hand on your left ankle.
- Stretch your right arm upward, so your arms make a straight vertical line.
- Face up and look at your fingers.
- Hold the pose for as long as you can, and repeat on the other side.
5. Virabhadrasana/Warrior Pose
This pose stretches your thorax and adds flexibility and strength to the muscles around your breasts.
- Place your feet wide apart; keep your left foot at a ninety-degree angle, and move your right foot inward.
- Bend your left knee while keeping your right leg erect.
- Lift your arms and place them perpendicular to your shoulders.
- Move your head to the left, focusing on your wrist.
- Repeat this up to ten times on both sides.
Regular practice of these yoga poses will definitely help give you the feminine, curvaceous body you always wanted.