Role of Yoga In Your Sex Life
Yoga, apart from working wonders for your mind and soul, also enriches your sex life. Yoga helps you become aware of your senses and also understanding your sexual core. Through various asanas, mudras, pranayamas, and meditation, Yoga can create the right balance needed to appreciate, experience, and express your sexuality better.
As more and more people are discovering that practicing yoga holistically alters their mind-body-soul connection and it brushes off on your sex life as well, you need to approach these techniques under the guidance of an experienced Yoga practitioner. Yoga preaches adopting a proper diet and lifestyle while practicing these yoga techniques daily.
Yoga Mudras/Asanas For Better Sex And To Enhance Your Sexual Vitality
Yoga Mudras To Improve Sexual Function
1. Vajroli Mudra
- Sit in any comfortable meditative posture with eyes closed head and spine straight.
- Now inhale, hold the breath in and try to draw the urethra upward. This action is similar to holding back on urge to urinate. Hold the contraction for as long as your feel comfortable. Then exhale while releasing the contraction.
- Repeat this mudra minimum 10 to 15 times.
- This mudra regulates and tones the entire uro-genital system.
- It balances testosterone levels and sperm count and gives control over premature ejaculation.
- Problems like prostates hypertrophy are prevented.
2. Aswani Mudra
- Sit in a comfortable position closes eyes and breathing normal.
- Focus your attention to the anal area. Contract the anal muscles for a few seconds without feeling any strain.
- Then relax for a few seconds. Repeat the contraction and relax the anal muscles. Make the contractions more rapid.
- It is very helpful to prevent premature ejaculation.
- The inflammation of prostate gland is also cured by this mudra.
- It helps to alleviate piles, constipation and prevents the escape of pranic (“vital life force”) energy from the body.
Yoga Asanas To Enhance Sexual Vitality
- Stand with feet together and bend the right knee and place the foot on the left thigh in the half padmasan position.
- Then place the hand in Namaskar (folded in prayer) position. Maintain the balance and hold the position for a short duration.
- Release the right leg repeat the practice with the opposite leg, breathing normally.
- Do it two times on each side.
- This asana develops the ability to retain seminal fluid and regulates the reproductive system and prevent premature ejaculation.
- It also strengthens the leg muscle and knee joints.
- Do not rush into the sequence. This asana requires more coordination than muscular strength.
- Lie down on the floor on your back, keep the legs straight on the floor with feet apart by about your shoulder width.
- Keep the arms straight by your sides with hands placed about six inches away from the body. The head and spine should be in a straight line.
- Close your eyes gently. Make the whole body loose and stop all physical movement, mentally watch your breathing and allow it to become rhythmic and relaxed.
- This asana helps release physical and mental strain and fatigue.
- The breathing becomes more regulated and controlled naturally. This asana improves optimum capacity of lungs and increases intake of oxygen.
- Relaxation helps to open up blocked arteries, including the penile arteries and the increased oxygen levels improve mental clarity and focus.