People often try a horde of cosmetics to get better looking skin. While these cosmetics may aid in making your skin look good, the chemicals in them tend to react with your skin giving your skin problems in the long run. What many people don’t know is that practicing certain yoga exercises regularly can give you fabulous radiant skin. Here are 6 yoga poses for naturally glowing skin.
6 Yoga Poses For Radiant Skin
1. Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
This pose is called so because it resembles a cobra with its hood raised. It is said to improve blood circulation, making your skin flexible and smooth.
How To Do Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
- Lie down on your stomach; keep your legs close and toes flat on the floor while touching your forehead to the ground.
- Place your palms flat on the ground below your shoulders, keeping your elbows parallel.
- Take a deep breath and get your torso off the floor; then, lift your head, tilt it backward, and look up. Ensure that you don’t strain yourself while doing this. Hold the pose for a few seconds.
- Breathe out slowly, and gently lie back down on the floor.
2. Halasana (Plow Pose)
The plow pose is also said to improve blood circulation, helping your skin glow. It is called so because it resembles the plow, which is a farming tool.
How To Do Halasana (Plow Pose)
- Lie down on your back, and place your palms beside you facing downward.
- Inhale slowly and gradually lift your legs, raising them to a 90-degree angle.
- Lift your hips off the ground while supporting them with your hands; bend your legs further backward over your head till your toes touch the floor. Hold the pose for a few seconds while breathing steadily.
- Exhale and bring your legs back down slowly.
3. Matsyasana (Fish Pose)
Practicing this pose regularly is said to help a great deal if you have a hormonal imbalance, getting rid of pimples caused by it. It is also said to help your skin stay flexible and make it firm.
How To Do Matsyasana (Fish Pose)
- Lie down on your back, keeping your feet together.
- Place your hands under your hips with your palms facing down and elbows close.
- Take a deep breath while lifting your chest and lowering your head backward. Let the top of your head touch the floor.
- Place your body weight on your elbows and lift your chest up, keeping your legs on the floor. Hold the pose for as long as you can while breathing gently.
- Lift your head up, lowering it to the floor with your chest. Bring your hands back next to you and relax them.
4. Sarvangasana (Shoulder Stand)
Blood rushes to your head while practicing this pose, making your face look radiant. This pose is also said to help fight acne and pimples by aiding blood circulation.
How To Do Sarvangasana (Shoulder Stand)
- Lie on your back, keeping your hands by your side.
- In one movement, lift your legs, buttocks, and back while supporting your back with your hands. Keep your body straight while you hold the pose, and support your body weight with your shoulders and upper arms.
- Lift your heels higher; bring your toes over your nose while pointing them upward. Ensure that you don’t strain your neck; press your breastbone to your chin. Come out of the posture if you feel any form of strain.
- Keep taking deep breaths, and stay in the pose for 30–60 seconds.
- When you want to come out of the posture, bring your knees to your forehead and hands to the floor with your palms facing down. Relax for 60 seconds.
5. Trikonasana (Triangle Pose)
This pose is said to help blood circulate to your face and head and increase the supply of oxygen, making your skin glow.
How To Do Trikonasana (Triangle Pose)
- Stand straight, keeping your feet wide apart. Turn your right foot out by 90 degrees and left foot in by 15 degrees.
- Place your right foot in a manner that its center aligns with the center of the arch of your left foot.
- Take a deep breath; while you exhale, bend your body downward to the right, stretching your right hand and keeping your waist straight. Raise your left hand in the air, keeping it in line with the right.
- Fix your gaze on your left palm and take deep breaths.
- Return to the initial position as you inhale.
6. Shishuasana (Child Pose)
The child pose is also said to enhance blood circulation to the face, making your skin glow.
How To Do Shishuasana (Child Pose)
- Kneel down and sit on your heels with your hips on them.
- Bend forward and lower your head.
- Stretch your arms in front of you, placing your palms one on top of the other and resting your forehead on them.
- Press your chest on your thighs gently. Hold this position for a few seconds.
- Then, slowly return to the initial position.
Practice these yoga poses regularly to see a natural, beautiful glow on your skin.