Your eyebrows are the picture frame of your face. It is almost unimaginable to walk around without them unless you are really that weird! But, some of us have thick eyebrows while some others don’t. So, those with thin eyebrows end up using eyebrow pencils and liners and other cosmetics to make them look thicker.
If you are spending way too much time and money on cosmetics to make your eyebrows look thicker, then you may want to consider purchasing and using coconut oil.
Coconut oil contains nutrients like vitamin E and iron that can promote healthy hair growth. In addition, the fatty acid known as lauric acid penetrates into the hair and prevents protein loss (proteins are required for the growth of healthy hair).1 The effect of coconut oil can be enhanced using other natural ingredients like castor oil.
So, consider these natural ways you can use coconut oil to get your eyebrows to grow thicker without spending too much money or time.
1. Use Plain Coconut Oil
As mentioned, coconut oil contains the necessary nutrients for healthy hair growth. Using plain coconut oil is the easiest way to thicken your eyebrows.
How To Use:
- Take a few drops of coconut oil and massage your eyebrows gently with your fingertips.
- Massaging improves the blood circulation, which helps promote hair growth.
- Leave it on overnight.
- Rinse with lukewarm water the next morning.
- Continue this for a few months or until you notice a difference.
2. Combine Coconut Oil And Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek seeds are rich in nicotinic acid (vitamin B3) and lecithin that promote healthy hair growth. So, combining fenugreek seeds and coconut oil doubles the effect on your eyebrow growth.
How To Use:
- Soak a few fenugreek seeds overnight or for at least 5 hours.
- Grind them into a thick paste.
- To this paste, add a teaspoon or two of coconut oil.
- Apply this paste to your eyebrows before bedtime.
- Wash it off the next morning with lukewarm water.
- You can repeat this twice or thrice a week for effective results.
3. Make Your Own Serum With Coconut Oil
This growth serum consists of coconut oil, castor oil, almond oil, avocado oil, and vitamin E. Castor oil nourishes the hair follicles and promotes healthy hair while almond oil moisturizes the hair and skin.
If you are unable to get all these ingredients, you can mix coconut oil and castor oil together and apply it to the eyebrows.
How To Use:
- Add 2 tablespoons each of coconut oil, castor oil, and almond oil in a clean container.
- Add half a teaspoon of avocado oil and vitamin E to the same container.
- Shake well till all the ingredients are mixed well.
- Dip a Q-tip and apply this serum onto your eyebrows gently.
- Leave this on overnight.
- Wash the following morning with lukewarm water.
4. Mix Coconut Oil And Lemon
Lemons are rich in vitamin C that can promote hair growth. It is best to avoid the sun after applying lemon to your eyebrows as it may lighten the hair color.
How To Use:
- Slice a lemon into pieces.
- Place them in a container containing a quarter cup of coconut oil.
- Let these slices sit in the container with coconut oil for at least 15 days in a cool, dry place.
- Apply this oil to your eyebrows using a cotton swab.
- Let it sit for overnight and rinse it off in the next morning.
- Repeat the process regularly until you notice effective results.
All these remedies are effective in promoting eyebrow growth. However, make sure you do a patch test before you apply them directly to the eyebrows. If you observe any allergic reaction to any of the remedies, stop them immediately. Try to use organic coconut oil for better results. Along with these natural remedies, make sure you follow a healthy, balanced diet, providing the essential nutrients for the body.
|↑1||Rele, Aarti S., and R. B. Mohile. “Effect of mineral oil, sunflower oil, and coconut oil on prevention of hair damage.” Journal of cosmetic science 54, no. 2 (2003): 175-192.|