Bananas are common, and also one of the most convenient fruits to eat. They have a wide range of health benefits. From maintaining blood pressure to relieving constipation, bananas can be relied on for most of your health problems. They are excellent sources of fiber, magnesium, and potassium, and can be the source of instant energy.
Rich in antioxidants and phytochemicals, bananas can help you reduce wrinkles, reduce dryness, and can heal aging skin. Potassium, vitamins, and carbohydrates in bananas make the hair soft, smooth, and nourish the hair to reduce the damage. Bananas also promote hair growth and also control dandruff by moisturizing the hair.
Here are 9 ways to use bananas for your skin and hair:
1. Banana Oats Face Scrub And Mask
This face scrub made with mashed bananas, honey, and oats is an effective exfoliator. Oats can clean the pores and remove the impurities from the face. This can also reduce the blackheads and whiteheads. Honey can moisturize the skin and its anti-bacterial properties can help to reduce acne.
- 2 tablespoons of oats
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Mash the ripe banana, and add oats and honey to it
- Rinse your face with warm water
- Gently massage this scrub on your skin for a few minutes
- Leave the mask on for 20-30 minutes and rinse with warm water
2. Banana Body Scrub
While bananas soothe and moisturize the skin, sugar helps to remove the dry and dead skin, making it soft and fresh.
- 1 ripe banana
- 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon essential oil or vanilla extract
- Mix all the ingredients
- Before you shower, apply the mixture on your skin and gently scrub
- Rinse it off with warm water
3. Face Mask for Wrinkles
Yogurt and bananas can reduce wrinkles and any signs of aging on your skin like fine lines, and dark spots. Bananas contain antioxidants that fight free radicals that damage the skin and make it dull, dry, and wrinkled. Lemon juice can remove toxins from your skins and brighten the skin.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice/orange juice
- Mix the mashed banana, yogurt, and lemon juice.
- Wash your face with warm water to open the pores
- Apply the banana mask on your face
- Leave it for 20-30 minutes and rinse with water
4. Face Mask For Dull Skin
To brighten dull skin, it should have an even tone, and free from impurities and dead skin cells. Lemon juice and honey, along with bananas can moisturize, bleach and remove dead skin, and in turn, bring out the radiance of the skin.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Mash the ripe banana to form a smooth pulp
- Add honey and lemon juice to it, and mix
- Wash your face with your soap and pat it dry
- Apply the mixture on your face and gently rub
- Leave it on for 15-20 minutes and wash with warm water
5. Banana Peel For Psoriasis And Warts
Banana peels are rich in vitamins and minerals. They have antibacterial properties and can reduce inflammation. Using banana peels on the skin, will soothe it and reduce the pain caused due to psoriasis, acne or warts. 1
- Banana peel
- Take a banana peel and rub the inside of the peel on the areas affected by psoriasis, warts or acne
- Rub it for 5-10 minutes
- Wash it off with water
- Repeat this 2-3 times every day
6. Banana For Cracked Heels
As natural moisturizers, bananas can heal cracked heels and dryness, making your feet soft.
- 2 bananas
- Take the bananas and put them in a tub
- Place your feet inside the tub and use your feet to mash the bananas
- Let the mashed bananas stay on your feet for 20-30 minutes and wash it off
7. Hair Mask For Dry And Damaged Hair
Dry and damaged hair required moisturization and nourishment. Like bananas, olive oil can also moisturize the hair and repair the damage caused due to heat, chemicals, and pollution.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil/coconut oil
- Blend or mash bananas based on your hair length.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil or coconut oil to it
- Apply this mixture to your hair from scalp to tip
- Leave it in for 30 minutes and rinse
8. Hair Mask For Hair Fall
Hair fall can be the result of impurities on the scalp, that hinders the growth of hair follicles. Yogurt, in addition to nourishing the hair, also cleanses the scalp, promoting hair growth and reducing hair fall.
- 1 banana
- 3 tablespoons of yogurt
- Blend the banana, add curd into it and mix well
- Apply this paste on the scalp thoroughly
- Leave it in for 30 minutes and wash
9. Hair Mask For Dandruff
Dandruff can be caused due to dry skin, oily skin, a build-up of oil and skin cells, and fungus. Apple cider vinegar has anti-bacterial properties that can act against the fungus, and cleanse the scalp.2
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Mash the banana and add 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to it.
- Apply this paste to your hair and scalp
- Leave it in for 30 minutes and rinse it off