Dry skin is an uncomfortable and unsightly skin problem that occurs due to lack of moisture content in the skin. Lack of hydration and losing of elasticity makes the skin dry and cracked, and those who have dry skin are prone to more itching, peeling, and wrinkles. Dry skin must be treated on time to avoid any bacterial infection or dermatitis. Although the market provides commercial creams to treat dry skin, these creams contain a high amount of chemicals which are harsh for the skin. Natural remedies are better and more effective to treat dry skin successfully.
Oatmeal contains polysaccharides that help to form a protective layer on the skin to prevent the loss of moisture. Oatmeal is also rich in healthy fats and saponins that keep the skin moisturized and smooth, and the anti-inflammatory properties of oatmeal keep the skin free from any damage caused by the exposure of sun. Oatmeal can be used alone or with other natural ingredients to treat dry skin effectively.
Oatmeal Bath And Mask
An oatmeal bath rejuvenates your skin effectively.
1. Take half a cup of oats and blend it to make a fine powder.
2. Fill your bathtub with warm water and add the oats powder to it.
3. Run your hands in the water so that the oats powder dissolves in it.
4. Soak your body for 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Take a shower and with a towel, pat dry yourself.
6. Repeat this process 2 to 3 times every week.
7. For extra moisturizing, you may add any bath oil or essential oil to the water.
An oatmeal mask helps in keeping the face moisturized.
1. Take 2 tablespoons of oats and grind it well.
2. Mix the oats powder with 2 to 3 tablespoons of warm water.
3. Leave the paste aside for 5 minutes until it becomes lukewarm.
4. Apply it on your face and massage it in circular motions for 5 minutes.
5. Rinse your face with cool
6. Once done, apply a moisturizing cream on your face.
7. Repeat the procedure 2-3 times a week.
Oatmeal And Honey
Honey is a natural humectant, which helps in locking moisture in the skin. Honey also contains antioxidants that protect the skin from free radicals that cause the skin to dry and damage.
1. Take 2 to 3 tablespoons of oatmeal and mix it well with enough water.
2. Add 2 tablespoons of raw honey to the mixture and mix thoroughly again.
3. Apply the paste on your skin and massage well for 5 minutes.
4. Leave it on to dry for 15 minutes and rinse it off with cool water.
5. Repeat this once after 2 days.
Oatmeal And Yogurt
Yogurt contains zinc,
1. Mix 2-3 tablespoons of oatmeal with 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt.
2. Apply the mixture on your face and leave it on for 20 minutes.
3. Rinse it off with lukewarm water and pat dry your face with a towel.
4. Repeat this process twice every week.
Oatmeal And Banana
Bananas are rich in potassium content that helps in moisturizing the skin and hydrating dry skin cells. Bananas also contain Vitamin B-complex and Vitamin E that prevent the dryness of the skin caused by free radical damage.
1. Take 2 tablespoons of oatmeal and add some water to it to make a paste.
2. Take a ripe banana and mash it with the help of a fork.
3. Add the oatmeal
4. Apply the mixture on your face and leave it on for 15-20 minutes.
5. Rinse the application off with cool water.
6. Repeat this remedy 2 to 3 times a week.
Oatmeal And Papaya
Papayas are the source of the enzyme papain that has exfoliating properties. Papayas also contain Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, folate, potassium, and magnesium, which are essential to keep dry skin hydrated.
1. Take half a cup of unripe papaya cubes and blend them to make a paste.
2. Add 2 tablespoons of oatmeal and some water to the papaya paste and mix well.
3. Apply this mixture all over your face and leave it on for 15 minutes.
4. Rinse it off with cool water.
5. Repeat this remedy twice a week.
Follow any one of the above remedies diligently and get moisturized, soft, and supple skin.