These are “berry-berry awesome!”
No, they really are!!
These Strawberry Bliss Bars are:
– slightly sweet
– dairy free
– gluten free
The key ingredient in this recipe: Coconut Butter. You can buy coconut butter in most natural grocery stores. But, really, why would you when it is so easy to make. Get the recipe here.
You can also swap out the strawberries for other berries. These are also best stored in the freezer. If you like them “less cold” just leave them out for a few minutes and away you go.
-1 1/2 cup ground almonds
-1 cup coconut Butter
-1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
-8 dates, pitted and chopped
-2 TBSP coconut Oil, melted
-2 tsp vanilla powder or pure extract
-1 cup fresh organic strawberries, cut into small pieces
1) Add the ground almonds, coconut Butter and dates into a food processor
2) Pulse until everything is broken.
3) Add in the rest of the ingredients (except the strawberries) and pulse again.
4) Once everything is broken down stir in the strawberries.
5) Line a shallow baking dish with parchment or wax paper.
6) Press down the mixture until everything is nice and even.
7) Put in the freezer for 30 minutes.
8) Cut into desired size pieces and store in freezer (can also be stored in the fridge but they will only last about 1 week in the fridge)
To know about Julie Pecarski – visit http://www.eatlifebalance.com