Turmeric is an age old remedy for a wide range of skin problems. Ayurveda recommends turmeric to be used regularly for glowing, blemish free complexion. Turmeric does wonders to the skin as an exfoliant. Apart from removing dead skin and impurities, the turmeric mask also maintains the natural pH balance of the skin and imparts a healthy glow to it.
Any pack we put on the skin for 20 min or so gets absorbed into the blood stream. So what better option than the `yellow gold’, as Indians refer to turmeric to enhance beauty?
Make Your Own Turmeric Skin Exfoliant
Here is a simple turmeric mask recipe for different skin types. Follow the below instructions.
- Turmeric 1 tbsp.
- 2 tbsp. flour (for vata use oatmeal, for pitta use chickpea and kapha use barley flour).
- Make it into a paste by adding a little water and massage into face and neck. Rub into skin for 2 min and wash off.
- For oily skinned beauties, add in some lavender blossom, coriander powder or few drops of lime.
- For dry skin, add in some elderly blossom.
- For normal skin, rose powder can be added for that extra glow.
- Ideally do this before a shower so that you can deal with the yellow stain the turmeric mask leaves on the skin.