Traditional Indian energy healers believe that modern day allergies and food intolerance stem from energy imbalances within the thyroid and adrenal glands, caused by nervous tension and fear which results in an overactive immune system and creates a hypersensitivity to common substances.
Ancient holistic healing practices assist in cleansing, balancing, and strengthening the body’s energies to alleviate accumulated stress, calm the immune system, and reduce the allergic response.
To heal the underlying cause of allergies and food intolerance, apply the following practices for up to six weeks:
Practices To Heal The Cause Of Allergies And Food Intolerance
Apply the following acupressure treatments for two minutes each, two times a day:
- To relieve the symptoms of an allergy attack, intermittently press the back of the base of your right hand, close to your wrist, in line with your little finger.
- To balance the thyroid gland, gently press the area one inch below the inside corner of each collarbone, where there is slight indentation.
- To balance the adrenal glands, firmly massage the area on your back – either side of your spine – just below your rib cage.
- To calm an overactive immune system, firmly massage the fleshy area of each thumb and big toe.
- To calm the immune system and nervous system, clasp your hands, interlocking your fingers as tightly as possible. Press your fingers deeply on the back of your opposite hand. Hold for ten seconds. Release and repeat five times.
2. Anti-Allergy Mudra
The Bhramara mudra calms an overactive nervous and immune system to prevent and alleviate allergies.
- Place the tip of your index finger at the base of your thumb.
- Place the tip of your thumb on the side of your middle fingernail.
- Relax and extend your ring and little finger.
- Practice with both hands for ten minutes, three times a day.
3. Yoga Asana Sequence
The following yoga asana sequences regulate the body’s right side masculine solar energy and the left side feminine moon energy to balance the body, mind, and emotions.
- Sun Salutation (Surya Namaskar) practiced in the morning warms the body, activates the mind, and invigorates the emotions.
- Moon Salutation (Chandra Namaskar) practiced in the evening cools the body, calms the mind, and grounds the emotions.
4. Nature’s Remedies
To detoxify the glands and relieve food intolerance:
- Chew raw papaya seeds after meals to balance intestinal flora and improve detoxification.
- Add amla powder to smoothies to nourish and strengthen the endocrine glands.
- Drink holy basil tea which is a natural tonic to balance the endocrine system.
To relieve and prevent allergies:
- Sprinkle raw onion and garlic over meals, which contain enzymes and antihistamines.
- Drink stinging nettle tea which is a natural tonic with anti-inflammatory properties.
- Include black cumin seed oil which is a powerful traditional remedy for allergies.
To decongest the digestive and respiratory system:
- Finely grate ginger and turmeric root, add raw honey, and take half a teaspoon before meals.
- Drink small amounts of radish juice which is a powerful blood purifier and decongestant.
- Follow a raw food plant-based diet for six weeks to detoxify and empower the tissues.
To relieve skin allergies, swelling, and itching:
- Mix full-fat natural yogurt with ground turmeric root and apply to the skin to soothe itching.
- Mix sandalwood powder with water and apply to the skin to cool and relieve inflammation.
- Drink small amounts of coriander leaf juice before meals to calm and cleanse the tissues.
To purify indoor air which can harbor chemicals, molds, and allergens:
- Place natural Himalayan salt lamps around the home which generate therapeutic negative ions that assist in counteracting the harmful positive ions and naturally dehumidify the air.
- Place bowls of warm water infused with essential oil of sandalwood, frankincense, or basil around the home which contain natural anti-histamines to relieve inflammation.
- Place growing herbs such as basil, rosemary, and jasmine around the home to naturally cleanse and scent the indoor air. Experiment with natural plant-based cleaning products.
5. Chakra Clearing With Natural Stones
The most common allergies are associated with the following chakras:
- Allergies which affect the respiratory system are associated with the heart chakra
- Food allergies and intolerance are associated with the solar plexus chakra
- Allergies which affect the skin are associated with the root chakra
Crystals to balance and empower the chakras include:
- Green Aventurine, Green Tourmaline, and Amazonite resonate with the heart chakra.
- Yellow Topaz, Yellow Calcite, and Sunstone resonate with the solar plexus chakra.
- Red Jasper, Red Coral, and Garnet resonate with the root chakra.
To practice the chakra-clearing exercise:
- Lie down comfortably and place the chosen crystals on the affected chakra.
- Trust in the knowledge that crystals have been used for centuries to heal the body and mind.
- Become aware of your affected chakra and imagine it opening to receive the crystal healing.
- Visualize the vibration of the crystal expanding and illuminating your affected chakra.
- Allow your chakra to gently draw in the healing vibration of the crystal.
- Feel the crystal-healing vibration raising the energy within your affected chakra.
- Allow the crystal-healing vibration to dissolve the negative stagnant energy.
- Visualize your chakra cleansed, balanced, and empowered to release your allergy.
- Feel the positive crystal-healing energy flowing throughout your body and mind.
- Open your eyes gently and trust that your healing is in process.
Although our ailments primarily stem from energy imbalances within our physical body, there is also an emotional and mental component, as our body, mind, and emotions are closely connected. Traditional holistic healing practices treat our body as a whole, to gently heal the root cause of our imbalances which permanently release our symptoms.