Varicose veins are twisted, swollen veins near the surface of the skin and occur when weak or defective valves allow blood to flow backward or stagnate within the vein. Varicose veins can be caused by aging, genetics, pregnancy, obesity, injuries, or prolonged standing.
Tips to Cure Varicose Veins
- Exercise correctly
- Wear the right pair of shoes
- Maintaining a healthy body weight
- Drink enough water throughout the day
- Wear compression stockings
- Elevate the foot of your bed
Herbal Home Remedies for Varicose Veins
Here are some home remedies for varicose veins.
- Horse Chestnut: This herb is one of the most widely used alternative home remedy for varicose veins. Horse chestnut can relieve symptoms like swelling and pain besides strengthening blood vessel walls.
- Witch Hazel: Witch hazel is a very effective herb for strengthening blood vessels and hence can reduce symptoms of varicose veins.
- Grape Seed and Pine Bark Extracts: These extracts strengthen the connective tissue structure of blood vessels and reduce inflammation.
- Garlic: Garlic is an excellent herb for reducing inflammation and the symptoms of varicose veins. It also helps break up harmful toxins in the blood vessels and improve circulation.
- Gotu Kola: Gotu Kola has been used by Ayurveda since long for various diseases. Gotu kola seems to work by strengthening connective tissues to cure as well as prevent varicose veins and acts as a natural remedy.
- Marigold: Marigold contains flavonoids as well as triterpenes, both of which are beneficial in treating varicose veins.
- Cayenne Pepper: It increases blood circulation and eases the pain of congested, swollen veins.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar improves blood circulation and helps alleviating bulging and swelling of veins.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture helps reduce the size and pain of varicose.