Natural remedies are better than chemical-laden drugs, any day. Chronic ailments like diabetes, obesity are on the rise due to various reasons and pill-popping has become a way of life for many. Natural remedies that are safer, simpler, cost-effective and powerful in managing these diseases need to be incorporated into our lifestyles.
One such wonder remedy is garlic with apple cider vinegar and honey. This home remedy can be concocted in our homes and has several amazing health benefits for people suffering from diabetes, indigestion, and obesity.
Health Benefits Of Garlic
The wonder bulb, garlic has been an integral part of ancient medical practices. Its distinct odor makes it unlikable to quite a few, but a look at its excellent health benefits is enough to overlook the odor.1
- It’s high in allicin, which can prevent deposition of lipid
- Its fibrinolytic effects helped to prevent platelet adhesion and harmful clots that lead to myocardial infarction
- Studies have found that it has effective anti-tumor properties
- It has antimicrobial properties and is also anti-inflammatory in nature
- Its extracts have seen to reduce insulin resistance in diabetic patients
- Its anti-oxidant effects also help to repair liver cells that are affected by hepatotoxic drugs like acetaminophen and gentamicin
Health Benefits Of Apple Cider Vinegar
- It can help in reducing systolic blood pressure in hypertensive people
- Studies have claimed that it has the power to prevent proliferation of tumors
- Has anti-microbial properties and can be used as a dressing for wounds
- Has a marked anti-glycemic effect in diabetic patients with high levels of insulin resistance
- Regular intake has found to reduce body fat and lower serum triglyceride levels in obese individuals
Health Benefits Of Honey
Honey is that elixir from nature without an expiry date which is forever nutritious and versatile. In its natural form, it contains about 200 substances, including amino acids, vitamins, minerals and enzymes, but it majorly contains sugar and water.4
- It’s packed with carbohydrates, thereby making it a good source of energy
- Its moisturizing capacity soothes dry and
- Has wound healing properties with antibacterial and antiseptic effects
- Oral intake of honey soothes any kind of gastric trouble from diarrhea to ulceration
- When added as a sweetening agent, it can stimulate insulin secretion, elevate hemoglobin concentration and improves total lipid profile
Garlic, Apple Cider Vinegar And Honey Recipe
The recipe combines all the benefits of the three ingredients, garlic, apple cider vinegar, and honey. Here’s how you can prepare your very own powerful health drink.
- 1 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup of honey
- 10 cloves freshly minced garlic
Crush them thoroughly in a blender and store in an air-tight glass jar.
Remember to have 2 tablespoons of this mixture daily for the next 5 days, before eating or drinking anything in the morning. After 5 days, the potency of the mixture falls, so it’s best to prepare a fresh batch again. For maximum benefits, use fresh garlic that’s organically grown, use organic raw honey as well.
The drink will help you combat the ill effects of high blood pressure and sugar as well as aid you in shedding excess kilos, provided you eat healthily and exercise
|↑1||Bayan, Leyla, Peir Hossain Koulivand, and Ali Gorji. “Garlic: a review of potential therapeutic effects.” Avicenna J Phytomed 4, no. 1 (2014): 1-14.|
|↑2||Johnston, Carol S., and Cindy A. Gaas. “Vinegar: medicinal uses and antiglycemic effect.” Medscape General Medicine 8, no. 2 (2006): 61.|
|↑3||Kondo, Tomoo, Mikiya Kishi, Takashi Fushimi, Shinobu Ugajin, and Takayuki Kaga. “Vinegar intake reduces body weight, body fat mass, and serum triglyceride levels in obese Japanese subjects.”
|↑4||Eteraf-Oskouei, Tahereh, and Moslem Najafi. “Traditional and modern uses of natural honey in human diseases: a review.” Iranian journal of basic medical sciences 16, no. 6 (2013): 731-742.|