In ancient India, life was lived in harmony with nature and fertility was believed to be dependent on the moon. The moon’s phases were associated with the phases of the menstrual cycle and as the moon affected the seas, which influenced rainfall and consequently the fertility of Mother Earth, the moon was worshiped as a symbol of procreation.
Modern day lifestyle has detached us from nature’s rhythms causing our body’s subtle energy systems to become imbalanced, resulting in disharmony, and dis-ease.
Infertility stems from energy imbalances within the pituitary, pineal, and reproductive glands which result in impaired hormone levels in the male and/or female and the inability to conceive.
The severity of infertility is simply diagnosed by examining the ten half-moons, visible at the base of the nail beds. These determine the health of the entire reproductive system. If the half-moons are barely visible or very pale in color, rather than milky white, this is an accurate indication of weak fertility health.
To heal the root cause of male/female infertility, apply the self-care practices for three months.
6 Self-Care Practices To Heal Infertility
1. Traditional Herbal Remedies
The nutrients absorbed from our diet are initially directed towards the cells of our major organs and glands. The sperm cells and ova are the last to receive these nutrients, therefore an organic wholefood diet is recommended which is naturally nutrient-rich.
The following herbs nourish the glands to heal male and/or female infertility:
- Shatavari is a powerful herb that regulates the hormones to enhance fertility.
- Ashwagandha is a rejuvenating root that strengthens the reproductive system.
- Amalaki fruit is a powerful antioxidant that rejuvenates the reproductive tissues.
- Black cumin seeds cleanse the reproductive and urinary systems to improve sperm quality.
- Ajwain seeds nourish and fortify the tissues to increase sperm count, which is believed to be at its highest when the moon is in the astrological sign in which the male was born.
2. Himalayan Rock Salt Hip Baths
This ancient practice increases the blood flow to the reproductive system, calms stress hormones, and revitalizes the entire body to enhance fertility. Take alternating hot and cold, mineral-rich, Himalayan pink rock salt hip baths in the evening.
- Fill one large basin or baby bathtub with hot water and two tablespoons of Himalayan pink rock salt.
- Fill a second tub with cold water.
- Sit in the hot water tub by immersing your bottom and hips for a few minutes and then sit in the cold water tub for about thirty seconds.
- Repeat the process several times and end in the cold water tub.
3. Essential Oil Self-Massage
To strengthen the reproductive energies:
- Massage the lower abdomen, lower back, and buttocks daily, with two tablespoons of warm organic ghee to which five drops of essential oil has been added, preferably after the hot and cold hip baths.
- Do not wash off the ghee/oil after the massage.
- To heal the underlying emotional aspect of infertility, firmly massage the middle fingers for two minutes to release accumulated stress, anger, and impatience.
- Traditional fertility-enhancing oils for females include jasmine, rose and fennel, and for males include frankincense, sandalwood, and patchouli.
4. Traditional Breath Therapy
The dynamic breath detoxifies the body to awaken its latent healing capacity. Couples should practice this sitting and face each other, preferably under the energizing full moon phase as it is believed to unite them with the continuous cycle of creation.
- Inhale slowly and deeply.
- Exhale slowly and deeply while pressing the thumb and index finger of each hand together and chanting the sound “Saaa” in one long note.
- Release and relax the fingers, inhale and then exhale while pressing the thumb and middle finger of each hand together and chanting the sound “Taaa”’ in one long note.
- Release and relax the fingers, inhale and then exhale while pressing the thumb and ring finger of each hand together and chanting the sound “Naaa” in one long note.
- Release and relax the fingers, inhale and then exhale while pressing the thumb and little finger of each hand together and chanting the sound “Maaa” in one long note.
- Release and relax the fingers and repeat from the beginning.
The hands should remain apart during the entire exercise. Practice for twenty minutes.
5. Crystal Healing Therapy
Females should meditate with crystals placed on their sacral chakra, whilst bathing under the full moon energy to synchronize natural ovulation with lunar conception, which dramatically increases the probability to conceive.
- Moonstone for females symbolizes fertility and stimulates the feminine energies.
- Carnelian for females regulates the sacral chakra to balance the reproductive organs.
- Unakite for females calms the emotions, cleanses, and balances the reproductive energies.
- Shiva Lingham for males stimulates the sexual energies to restore virility and vitality.
- Black Coral for males calms the body to heal the underlying emotional infertility issues.
- Smoky Quartz for males lifts the spirits and balances the male reproductive organs to heal sexual dysfunction.
6. Yoga Asana Therapy
Practice Chandra namaskar (moon salutation) at sunset, which is a sequence of therapeutic yoga asanas which align the body’s energies with the moon energy to enhance fertility.
Self-care practices recharge the male and female energies to synchronize with nature’s energies to promote balance, harmony, and natural conception.