Our body is a latticework of energies. When our physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual energies flow freely throughout our chakras, we follow our life path with ease and confidence. We feel secure and open to change, we process our emotions healthily, we embrace our creativity, we live with an open heart, we express our deepest needs and we trust that our actions will bring us rewarding results.
Positive thoughts and feelings create radiant, healthy chakras that enable the smooth flow of energy throughout our being, to easily attract our deepest desires into our life.
Negative thoughts and feelings create congested, blocked chakras that impair the smooth flow of energy throughout our being, which attracts unhealthy and unproductive experiences. Each chakra has a specific purpose within our body, physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually.
Our sacral chakra primarily assists us in attracting love and abundance into our life. However, if we carry our past emotional anxiety within our sacral chakra, its energy becomes stagnant and depleted which prevents us from being receptive and nurturing to the positive possibilities.
Each of our chakras also represents specific life challenges and by opening, cleansing, and empowering our chakras we can initiate our self-healing, to master the challenges and learn our life lessons to easily manifest our wishes.
Our sacral chakra challenges include:
- Living from the essence of our being without fear.
- Honouring our deepest desires, passions, and dreams.
- Being present in our body to connect with our emotions.
- Being vulnerable to experience the joys of deep intimacy.
- Releasing our stored feelings of guilt and forgiving ourselves.
- Releasing our feelings of inferiority and accepting our true selves.
- Depleted sacral chakra energy may manifest as reproductive ailments, sexual issues, lower back pain, unfulfilling life conditions, unhealthy relationships, intimacy issues, emotional instability, isolation, food addictions, eating disorders, and financial issues.
5 Practices To Awaken Sacral Chakra
To empower and awaken your sacral chakra, practice:
1. Spiritual Dance
Traditionally the liberating spiritual dance was practiced outdoors, around an open fire, under a full moon, which resonates with the sacral chakra energy. The manifestation of our dreams and desires is associated with our sacral chakra, however as our chakras operate in harmony, the spiritual dance effectively opens and frees the energies throughout our entire chakra system.
Each movement of the dance liberates the stagnant negative energy associated with the individual chakras to initiate mind, body, spirit healing.
- Root chakra movements are tribal and animal-like, similar to a war dance. These release our fears associated with security and abundance. Sacral chakra movements are fluid and sensual, similar to a belly dance. These release our fears associated with past emotional trauma.
- Solar plexus chakra movements are solid and grounding similar to martial arts dance. These release our fears associated with inner power.
- Heart chakra movements are soft and swirling with open arms similar to a ballet dance. These release our fears associated with deep unconditional love.
- Throat chakra movements are gentle, using the neck, shoulders, and chanting sounds. These release our fears associated with honest communication.
- Brow chakra healing is practiced by sitting in Sukhasana (easy pose) and gazing at the lit flame of the candle without blinking for up to one minute. This calms the mind and releases our fears associated with trusting our innate intuition.
- Crown chakra healing is practiced by lying in Savasana (corpse pose) and visualizing the colors of each chakra illuminating in alignment with the divine energy (think rainbows).This releases our expectations and empowers us to manifest our dreams.
- Create a mental image of the love and abundance you wish for, which will create the desired energy pattern to attract and manifest your goal.
To practice indoors:
- Place a lit orange natural candle and several moonstone crystals in the middle of the room.
- Quietly play some soothing Indian chanting or meditation music.
- Wear orange soft flowing clothing and remove your shoes.
- Allow the soothing music and candlelight to quieten your mind.
- Start with the root chakra movement and proceed through to the crown chakra practice.
- Keep your awareness within the associated chakra whilst dancing and let go of suppressed negative emotions, which will encourage natural uninhibited movement and sound.
- Allow your mind, body, and spirit to be free and go with the flow and spend as little or as long as you want, on each movement.
2. Sacral Chakra Hip-Baths
The sacral chakra element is water. Hip baths assist in cleansing and awakening our sacral chakra.
- Fill a large basin or baby bathtub with hot water.
- Add some finely grated turmeric root and orange calendula flowers or essential oils of mandarin or sandalwood.
- Allow it to infuse.
- Sit in the tub by immersing your hips and bottom, for ten minutes.
- Become aware of your sacral chakra and visualize the healing orange water cleansing the negative energy and awakening its capacity, to attract your desires.
3. Lunar Nostril Breathing
Left nostril breathing cleanses and awakens our sacral chakra, which is governed by the feminine lunar energy. Practice outdoors under the moon or in the evening:
- Gently close your right nostril with your right ring finger.
- Inhale through your left nostril for a mental count of four.
- Exhale through your left nostril for a mental count of eight.
- Repeat eleven times.
4. Sacral Chakra Acupressure
The following areas are associated with the sacral chakra. Massage for one minute, two times a day.
- Little fingers.
- Inner arches of each foot.
- Lower back, either side of the spine.
- The base of the palms, in line with the thumbs.
5. Himalayan Rock Salt Tea Light Candle
Himalayan rock salt naturally cleanses and purifies. Sleep with an amber Himalayan rock salt tea light candle close to your bed or place one on your desk at work, which will alleviate negative energy, balance and awaken your sacral chakra.
The ancient healing practices reunite us with our authentic self, which encourage our positive energies to radiate freely and our chakras to awaken, which naturally attracts love and abundance.