Rich, intense and slightly bitter, cacao nibs have all the advantages of chocolate–lots of antioxidants, magnesium, and iron–with none of the sugar. These tiny treats are bits of cacao beans that have been separated from their husks, and come in both roasted and raw varieties.
Delicious And Quick To Make Healthy Cacao Snacks
Use them like chocolate chips in granola; stir into ice cream or even peanut butter; sprinkle on oatmeal or caramel popcorn; or add more to your diet with the following delicious tips:
1. Crave-Buster Candy: Grind cacao nibs in a coffee grinder; melt honey and coconut oil in a small saucepan; then stir in both ground and whole cacao nibs. Add walnuts; stir to coat; and bake at 350°F for 10 minutes. Cool and then break into large pieces.
2. Sugar-Free Smoothie: In a blender, combine almond milk, ground coffee beans, cacao nibs, chia seeds, and a frozen banana; purée until thick and creamy.
3. Easy Mole: Mix dried chipotle powder, coriander, cinnamon, garlic powder, black pepper, salt, and a pinch of ground clove with ground cacao nibs. Add sesame seeds, olive
4. Breakfast Treat: Stir whole and ground cacao nibs and minced pecans into pancake batter; cook; and top with cacao nibs and maple syrup.
5. Seductive Dessert: Combine coconut milk, vanilla extract, honey, cacao nibs, and cornstarch in a small saucepan, and simmer for 10 minutes until thickened. Pour mixture into small cups or ramekins and chill until firm. Sprinkle with cacao nibs before serving.