Who doesn’t LOVE anything pumpkin this time of year? From adding pumpkin to my turkey chili, to making pumpkin muffins, it’s truly my favorite, not to mention its numerous health benefits! According to the USDA National Nutrient Database, 100 g fruit provides just 26 calories and contains no saturated fats or cholesterol; pumpkin is also rich in dietary fiber, anti-oxidants, minerals, vitamins. When combined with cinnamon (which is loaded with wonderful health benefits), it can be a great healthy alternative to the regular commercial dips.
So I was super excited when I came upon this recipe from Skinnytaste. Chop up some apples and fruit and you have a super delicious snack for the whole family. Enjoy!
[Read: Energizing Pumpkin Breakfast Recipe]
Pumpkin Pie Dip Recipe
Makes about 6 cups.
- 15 oz can pumpkin
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, not packed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon (or one drop of doTerra cinnamon essential oil)
- 1/8 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or more to taste)
- 6 oz 0% Greek yogurt (Fage)
- 8 oz Truwhip
- cut up apples, for dipping
- Mix pumpkin with brown sugar, vanilla and spices; blend well.
- Mix in yogurt.
- Fold in Truwhip and chill in refrigerator until ready to eat.