Peppermint matcha tea latte is a fantastic tea from ground green tea leaves. It is high in antioxidants and it makes a great alternative to coffee. Matcha is still caffeinated but it doesn’t spike your energy levels and keeps a more stabilized and sustained energy level.
This recipe does ask for 1-2 drops of peppermint essential oil. Did you know that one drop of this essential oil is the equivalent of 20 cups of peppermint tea? That’s amazing (and potent)!
Peppermint Matcha Tea Latte Recipe
- 1 cup of non-dairy milk, ideally almond or coconut.
- 1 drop of Peppermint Oil (taste and add an additional drop if needed) or 2-3 fresh mint leaves.
- 2 teaspoons of organic matcha powder (or more to taste)
- 2-4 drops of liquid stevia or sweetener of choice, such as maple syrup or honey
- Added boost – 1 tablespoon of organic coconut oil for extra energy
- Add all ingredients, except oil and/or mint leaves, to a saucepan and warm until it is about to boil.
- If you choose to add coconut oil and/or fresh mint leaves, add the warmed liquid to a blender and add the oil
- Serve and enjoy!