Is unwanted hair making your life miserable? Do you always end up spending way too much on getting yourself waxed every now and then? If you answered yes to these questions, you’ll be thrilled to know that there are natural ways of reducing and removing unwanted hair. What’s great about these natural methods is that they are unlikely to leave you suffering from pain and allergic reactions like rashes. They’re also great for the most sensitive skin types because they leave your skin feeling great after.
Want to remove your unwanted hair naturally? Here are a few natural ingredients you can use.
5 Great Home Remedies For Unwanted Hair Growth
1. Turmeric And Rose Water Paste
While turmeric is quite popular for its
- 1–2 tsp turmeric powder (or enough to cover the body parts you want to remove unwanted hair from)
- Rose water
- Take the turmeric powder in a bowl. Add rose water to it slowly till you get a paste smooth enough to apply.
- Gradually massage the paste on the body parts that you want to remove hair from. Leave the paste on till it becomes dry – for about 15–20 minutes.
- Then, wash it off with warm water for smooth skin.
- Repeat at least once a week for best results.
Variation For Dense Hair
Use gram flour instead of rose water and follow the same process as above.
2. Sugar, Lemon, And Honey Paste
Sugar, lemon, and honey together work as a great alternative to the wax parlors use. While sugar – thanks to its granular texture – acts as a fantastic exfoliant, honey makes a paste when added to it. The lemon juice is said to work as a natural bleaching agent, lightening the color of your body hair.
Know that this remedy might be a little painful because it’s similar to waxing your hair in a parlor.
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- A bowl of cornstarch
- A bowl of water
- Mix all the ingredients in a vessel you can heat.
- Heat the mixture on a low flame to avoid burning it. You will notice the sugar melting slowly and forming a thick paste.
- Add some water to the paste if it’s too thick and 1–2 tsp cornstarch if it’s too thin.
- Lightly apply some cornstarch on the body parts
- Blow on the paste to cool it, and apply it on your skin in the direction of hair growth.
- Pat a cloth firmly on your skin; then, rip it off in one quick motion. Repeat on all body parts you want to remove hair from for hairless, gorgeous skin.
3. Potato And Lentil Paste
Potatoes and lentils together are said to function as bleaching and hair removal agents.
- 1 bowl of peeled, crushed potatoes
- 1 bowl of yellow lentils
- 1 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- After soaking the lentils overnight, ground them to get a paste.
- Extract potato juice from the peeled, crushed potatoes either using a sieve or a cloth.
- Add the honey, lemon juice, and potato juice to the lentil paste and mix
- Apply this paste on the body parts you want to remove hair from and leave it on till it dries – for about 15–20 minutes.
- Rub the dry paste off with your fingers to remove the hair from your skin.
4. Raw Papaya And Turmeric Paste
Raw papaya contains an enzyme called papain, which restricts hair growth by breaking off hair follicles, slowing down hair growth. Not just that, papaya is also a great exfoliant and helps rid your skin of dead cells. Add turmeric to the equation, and the effects are doubled.
- Raw papaya
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Peel the papaya and grind it into a paste. Take about 1–2 tsp of the paste in a bowl, and set the rest aside.
- Add turmeric powder to the papaya paste in the bowl and mix
- Massage the body parts you want to remove hair from with this paste. Leave it on for about 15–20 minutes.
- Wash with warm water.
- Repeat this at least twice a week for results.
5. Egg And Cornstarch Paste
Egg white can work quite well as a hair removal ingredient because of its sticky nature. Adding cornstarch to it is said to help remove even the most stubborn hair. However, this might hurt a little, so be careful.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Break the egg carefully, and remove the white from it.
- Add the corn flour and sugar to the egg white in a bowl. Stir thoroughly to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on the body parts you want to remove hair from, and leave it on till it dries –
- Peel off the paste in one quick motion to remove the hair.
- Repeat at least twice a week for best results.
Try these natural, effective home remedies to remove and reduce unwanted hair on your body without a huge hole in your pocket.