size-full wp-image-269952" src="https://curejoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Peppermint-Essential-Oil.jpg" alt="Peppermint oil stimulates circulation and supports the growing phase of hair." width="770" height="450" srcset="https://i2.wp.com/curejoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Peppermint-Essential-Oil.jpg?w=770&ssl=1 770w, https://i2.wp.com/curejoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Peppermint-Essential-Oil.jpg?resize=300%2C175&ssl=1 300w, https://i2.wp.com/curejoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Peppermint-Essential-Oil.jpg?resize=768%2C449&ssl=1 768w" sizes="(max-width: 696px) 100vw, 696px" />
Forget fancy, expensive hair products – Mother Nature is the most effective “brand” out there. Simply adding essential oils to baby shampoo can make an all-natural growth treatment. It will also strengthen your locks while preventing hair loss.
Everyone loses 50 to 100 hairs each day, but it can get out of control. Stress, pregnancy, and medicine are common causes. People who frequently use bleach and dye are also prone to weak hair and shedding. Those chemicals can be really harsh!
Even hair growth drugs are no good. Minoxidil is the chemical used in hair growth products, but it is known to cause scaling, dermatitis, swelling, and itching. Why deal? Instead, add these natural ingredients to a neutral baby shampoo. Choose one, two, or all three. You will be left with a gentle, effective shampoo that smells wonderful.
Natural Ingredients To Wave Goodbye To Hair Loss
1. Peppermint Essential Oil
Peppermint oil increases circulation and blood flow. On the scalp, this supports the anagen phase, the growing phase of hair strands. It is just what healthy locks need!
2. Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender essential oil does wonders for hair follicles, according to a 2016 animal study. It increases the total number while deepening each one. This is the perfect setup for healthy, continuous growth. To top it off, lavender oil eases stress, a common cause of hair loss.
Rosemary Essential Oil
In a 2015 study, researchers tested rosemary oil and minoxidil on humans. Both worked great, but the rosemary did not cause scalp itchiness. This is great news for people who have sensitive skin.
How To Make Homemade Hair Growth Shampoo
Make sure to use an unscented, neutral baby shampoo. “Neutral” means it has a pH of 7. If you are not sure, use pH test strips from the drugstore.
- Neutral baby shampoo
- 10 drops peppermint essential oil
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 10 drops
rosemary essential oil
- Add the oils directly to the shampoo bottle.
- Shake well.
- For extra moisture, add 10 drops of vitamin E oil. This will help control dryness and brittle hair.
- Use the shampoo every other day. Focus on the scalp, taking time to massage it in. Wash out after 10 minutes.
How To Add Anti-Dandruff Properties
Fungal overgrowth and inflammation are common causes of dandruff. It can be really itchy, but know that scratching just worsens hair loss. Soothe your scalp with tea tree oil. This remedy fights fungus and inflammation, making it a smart choice for your shampoo. Just add 5 to 10 drops to the recipe above.
- The oils might sting your eyes,
so be careful. Tilt your head back to prevent the shampoo from running down your face.
- Is it your first time using peppermint, lavender, or rosemary oil? Do a patch test first. Put a small amount on your arm or hand. If irritation develops, stop using the oil immediately.
- Homemade shampoo is not the only option. If you prefer a leave-in treatment, add the essential oils to a carrier like castor or jojoba oil. Use 5 drops for every 1 tablespoon. Massage into your scalp, wait for 10 minutes, and wash out.