Boils can be very painful and also, very irritating. Boils are caused when the staph bacteria infects the hair follicles or the sweat glands in our body. The skin turns red and a small lump forms in that area when a boil is in formation. The swelling increases within a week, and the lump gets filled with pus. Boils can affect all age groups and generally appear on the face, neck, armpits, thighs, and buttocks, but they can occur on other body parts as well. Boils are a common problem for people with acne, weak immune system, poor nutrition, diabetes, and bad hygiene. They can also happen to people who are in close contact with a person already infected with boils.
You can treat boils at home; however, if it accompanied by fever, rashes, chest pain, or loss of appetite, it is always advisable to seek medical help. Milk with a few other ingredients can help you with the treatment of boils. You must always wash the boils and the surrounding area with a mild, antibacterial soap and water gently before any application of remedies. Also, you must use a soft cotton towel to pat dry the boil; rubbing it might let the boil pop open.
Milk And Turmeric
Turmeric is known for its antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties. It inhibits the pro-inflammatory enzymes in the body that trigger the formation of painful boils. Turmeric is also a natural blood-purifier that detoxifies and cleanses the blood, so that boil infections do not occur.
1. Take a bowl and add 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder to it.
2. Add milk to the turmeric powder and mix well to make a fine paste.
3. Apply the paste on the boils directly and leave it to dry.
4. Once it dries off, wash the application gently with water.
5. Repeat this remedy 2 to 3 times a day until the boil gets cured.
To make this remedy more effective, you may also consume a glass of lukewarm milk with 1 tablespoon of turmeric added to it thrice a day for a week.
Milk And Bread Poultice
A poultice is a soft and moist substance that is used to apply on the body to relieve inflammation and soreness. When you use milk and bread poultice together on pus-filled boils, it helps to develop heads there so that the pus flows out easily and the boils dry sooner.
1. Put milk in a pot and warm it on a medium flame.
2. Take a bowl and add a few bite-size pieces of bread to it.
3. Pour the hot milk over the bread and let it soften.
4. Mix the bread and milk well to form a smooth paste.
5. Apply this mixture directly on the boils and put a bandage over the application.
6. Let the poultice stay until it dries up completely.
7. Remove the bandage and wipe off the poultice gently with water.
8. Repeat the process twice a day until the boil ruptures.
Milk And Nutmeg
Nutmeg is known for its powerful antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that help in inhibiting the growth of disease-causing microbes. Nutmeg also helps in stimulating blood circulation and in relieving a person from the pain and swelling associated with boils. Nutmeg powder must be consumed with milk to treat boils effectively.
1. Grind a nutmeg to a fine powder.
2. Take ½ teaspoon of the nutmeg powder in a mug.
3. Add 1 cup milk to the nutmeg powder and mix well.
4. Stir it well and drink it slowly.
5. Repeat this regularly for a month and get relieved from boils.
Milk, Salt And Flour
A mixture of salt, flour, and milk can be used to provide instant relief from painful boils. This mixture also helps in healing boils faster.
1. Take 1 cup milk and heat it in a saucepan
2. Add 2 or 3 teaspoons of salt to the milk.
3. Add a pinch of flour to the salted milk.
4. Stir well for a couple of minutes and turn off the heat.
5. Allow the milk to cool and apply it on the boils.
6. Leave it on till it dries completely.
7. Wipe the milk off gently using a damp, cotton towel.
8. Repeat this remedy twice a day until the boil gets cured.
Milk, Turmeric And Almond Oil
Almond oil has antiviral, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties that make it an effective substance to clear boils. It is also known to heal the scars and dark spots caused by boils. When milk is consumed with turmeric and almond oil, it helps in relieving a person from boils sooner.
1. Take ¼ cup of water in a saucepan and bring it to boil.
2. Add ⅛ teaspoon of turmeric powder to the boiling water.
3. Simmer the water for 8 minutes so that a thick paste is formed.
4. Take 1 cup of milk and add 2 tablespoons of almond oil to it.
5. Boil this mixture separately.
6. Turn off the heat, combine the two mixtures, and stir well.
7. Add honey to taste and drink it slowly.
Note: Add a natural sweetener to this mixture if the taste is still unpleasant.
It is always advisable to do a milk patch test to check if there is any allergic reaction. If one is allergic to lactose, the remedies which involve only the application of milk and other products on the boils should be followed as lactose intolerance won’t happen if milk is not consumed.