Using bath tea bags is the easiest and most convenient way to get healing herbs into your bath tub. Bath Tea Bags are made with dried herbs. I have a large jar full of them in the bathroom cupboard. Bath tea bags are easy to create and make great gifts.
Herbal Bathing For Reducing Stress
Herbal bathing is relaxing, enjoyable and an invaluable self-care tool. Reducing stress is one of the most effective things we can do to increase our vitality and taking time to luxuriate in the bath is a well-known stress-buster. If you enjoy bathing, then an herbal bathing routine can be one of your best tools for taming the accumulated stress and tension of everyday life.
Make your own bath tea bag by putting four tablespoons of dried herbs into a sock, old piece of T-shirt fabric, cotton muslin tea bag or just about any kind of tightly woven cloth. Use string or a rubber band and tie the cloth shut to make a sachet/pouch/bath bag with the herbs in the cloth.
Rose and Chamomile Bath Tea Bags
This is one of my favorite herbal bath tea bags for helping to relax and bring a peaceful sleep.
- 2 tablespoons dried chamomile
- 2 tablespoons dried rose petals
- Add herbs to sock or muslin or cotton pouch.
- Secure the sock or pouch tightly so the herbs don’t spill out.
- Hook or loosely tie the little sachet of herbs under the tub spout so the water will pour through your home made bath tea bag as your bath fills up.
- Once your bath is drawn just let the sachet of herbs float in the tub.
- Squeeze the bath bag several times while you are in the bath.
- Breathe in the scent and watch the water change color.
- Remove the Bath Tea Bag when you are finished with your bath
Herbal bath tea bags can be used three times within about four days. If the wet pouch sits around longer than that, it gets moldy. We use the same pouch for three days in a row then remove the herbs. Rinse the herbs out of the pouch. Wash and dry the material that you used to make the bath tea bag and re-use it.
How Can You Make Pouch?
You can make your own fabric pouch for your bath tea bags and tie them with string or a rubber band. Another option is to purchase cotton or muslin pouches here: Mountain Rose Herbs
I purchase cotton muslin at the fabric store, cut it into seven inch by seven inch pieces. Place the herbs into the muslin and then wrap it with a rubber band so the herbs don’t leak out.
I love herbal bathing because it is a powerful therapy that is easily incorporated into our busy lives. Everyone washes with water; it really is not that much extra effort to throw some herbs into the routine. I bathe in herbs almost daily and feel that my herbal bathing rituals are an extremely important part of my preventive health care plan, they just make me feel good!