What Ayurveda Says About Vision Loss Or Failing Vision
According to Ayurveda philosophy, drishti dosha or the failing vision problem is believed to result from
- Nervous debility
- Long-lasting ailments of constipation, caused by habitual suppression or improper evacuation of the bowels
- Common cold and congestion
As treatment, Ayurveda suggests
- Triphala or powder of the three myrobalans (amla or Indian Gooseberry, harad or Indian rhubarb, and baheda or Beleric myrobalan) for internal as well as external purpose.
- Mahatriphala ghrita, Yashtimadhu churana, and Saptamrit Lauha to be taken after consulting an Ayurveda physician
Particularly in the case of chronic cold, there are some beneficial medicated oils that need to be deeply inhaled along with the therapy. Also, according to Ayurveda, our eyesight is the product of agni or fire. Therefore, it is particularly important to save the eyes from phlegm.
8 Ayurvedic Home Remedies To Improve Eyesight Naturally
1. Wash Your Eyes Daily
As daily routine, eyes need to be washed with cold water. It is also suggested that prior to this act, the mouth be filled with water. This would make the eyes to protrude out so that better cleansing of the same can be accomplished.
2. Apply Collyrium
Other than this, local application of medicated anjana or collyrium has been recommended so as to keep the eyes clean and the vision sharp.
3. Drink The Juice Of Amla
The juice extracted from the fresh fruit of amla is to be taken twice a day in a dose of 20 ml for the longevity of eyesight.
4. Consume Pepper And Honey
Regular intake of pepper powder with honey acts as a boon for recovering diminished vision.
5. Consume Licorice With Milk
Take regularly approx. 1/2 to 1 teaspoon powder of the herb of licorice twice daily along with cow’s milk to improve failing vision. This is extremely beneficial for the eyes. It can also to be taken mixed with honey or ghee.
6. Eat Mangoes In Season
Being rich in vitamin A, mango is a boon for the eyes. A regular intake of mangoes during the season is recommended for recovery from eyestrain.
7. Use Juice Of Rose Petals
Fresh juice extracted from properly cleaned rose petals is believed to improve vision. This can be used both for external and internal purpose.
8. Massage Feet With Mustard Oil
Rubbing the soles of the feet with mustard oil or ghee regularly may be of good help.