Our body has been perfectly created to function optimally, provided, we observe the laws of nature. When we divert from these because of the following reasons:
- breathing polluted air
- eating unnatural food
- drinking chemical-laden water
- ingesting toxic medication
- smoking and drinking alcohol
- absorbing electromagnetic pollution
- exposure to continuous stress and anxiety
- using an inorganic body and household products,
we disrupt our body’s energy flows which affect our natural self-healing ability, resulting in disease. Rediscovering holistic practices from the past can assist us in detoxifying and strengthening our body’s physical, mental, and emotional energies to activate and empower our natural immunity and prevent diseases of the body and mind.
6 Immune-Boosting Traditional Practices To Prevent Disease
1. Immune-Boosting Acupressure
- To activate self-healing, firmly massage all of your fingers and toes for ten minutes in total, two times a day. The energy flow of each bodily system begins and ends within the fingers and toes.
- To stimulate detoxification, massage the back using small slow circular motions for five minutes, two times a day. Start at the crown of the head, gently work down the sides of the neck, and continue down each side of the spine, to the lower back. Concentrate on any painful areas.
Note: Apply the acupressure treatment on an empty stomach and end with a warm lemon and ginger tea to flush out impurities.
2. Immune-Boosting Mudra
The Linga mudra promotes self-healing and strengthens the body’s resistance to disease.
- Place your hands in front of your chest.
- Clasp them together and allow your lower thumb to point upwards.
- Encircle your upward pointing thumb with the index finger and thumb of your other hand.
- Practice two times a day for fifteen minutes each.
3. Immune-Boosting Breath
The Dog Breath exercise oxygenates the body, purifies the tissues to fight disease, and empowers the immune system.
- Sit in Sukhasana (Easy Pose) with your back straight and chest out.
- Stick your tongue out as far as possible and breathe rapidly through your mouth, similar to a panting dog.
- Continue for several minutes.
- Place your tongue back into your mouth and allow it to press against your upper palate.
- Inhale through your nostrils and hold your breath for fifteen seconds.
- Exhale and repeat two times.
- Practice two times a day.
4. Immune-Boosting Herbs
- Turmeric Root is a potent anti-inflammatory and blood purifier which removes accumulated impurities.
- Tulsi is a powerful anti-infective which detoxifies the tissues and reduces inflammation to relieve fevers.
- Garlic – eaten in its raw form – contains an abundance of immune-boosting properties and also works as a potent antibiotic.
- Neem detoxifies and empowers the endocrine glands, which initiates self-healing to remove bacterial, viral, and fungal infections.
- Amalaki berries contain the highest source of vitamin C to rejuvenate the bodily systems and work as a natural immune booster.
- Ashwagandha is a valuable restorative root which is grounding and balancing to nourish the glands and nerves and relieves chronic stress.
5. Immune-Boosting Tips
- Walk barefoot on the grass or sand to remove the accumulation of negative toxic energy.
- Meditate under a tree to relieve stress, increase vitality and balance the body’s rhythms.
- Absorb the healing power of magnets to regulate and recharge the body’s energies.
- Add detox essential oils such as neem, lemon, and eucalyptus to body and hair products.
- Brush the soles of the feet daily with a hard bristle brush to increase blood and lymph flow.
- Eat plenty of raw nutrient-rich sprouts and enzyme-rich fermented food during the summer.
6. Immune-Boosting Energy Exercise
Each chakra is associated with specific endocrine glands as outlined below. The endocrine glands work in harmony to create a strong immune system, i.e. the body’s innate self-healing ability. By balancing the energy within our chakras, we can activate and strengthen our endocrine glands to boost our immunity.
- Root chakra – Lymph glands
- Sacral chakra – Reproductive glands
- Solar plexus chakra – Adrenals and Pancreas
- Heart chakra – Thymus gland
- Throat chakra – Thyroid gland
- Brow chakra – Pituitary gland
- Crown chakra – Pineal gland
- Dissolve one tablespoon of Himalayan rock salt in a bowl of warm water and place it beside you.
- Sit comfortably and rub your hands together for thirty seconds.
- Place your hands over your root chakra and move them slowly in an anti-clockwise motion for thirty seconds to cleanse the root chakra energy.
- Visualize your hands drawing in the stagnant negative energy from your root chakra.
- Shake your hands briskly over the bowl of warm salt water to remove any absorbed negative energy.
- Replace your hands over your root chakra and move them slowly in a clockwise motion for one minute to regulate the root chakra energy.
- Visualize your root chakra being activated, which strengthens your lymph glands.
- Continue the energy healing exercise with the remaining chakras and their associated endocrine gland.
Note: The immune-boosting energy exercise can be used as a healing tool for children and also as a disease preventative.
Our body and mind are intricately connected, therefore, our thinking patterns have a profound effect on our health. Positive thoughts and feelings raise the vibration of our energies and negative thoughts and feelings lower the vibration of our energies which affect every gland, system, and organ within our body. The traditional holistic practices outlined above assist in elevating and empowering our energies to restore optimum well-being.