The volume of your hair can take a toll when you have hair fall. Seeing hair on your brush or comb can be heart-breaking.
However, hair thinning can be taken care of or even avoided if you stop using heat treatments, combing your hair when it is wet, or even using harsh chemicals on your hair. These practices may seem to work at that moment but in the long run, it’ll not do any good to your hair.
Here are 7 home remedies that can help you reduce hair fall, and give you voluminous hair.
Avocado contains monosaturated fatty acids, vitamin E, and phytosterols, which can benefit your hair. It can protect your hair from all the damage due to heat treatments and pollution and also stimulate the growth of new hair.1
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Mash the avocado in a bowl and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to it.
- Mix it thoroughly and apply the mixture into your scalp.
- Leave it for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Wash it off with warm water.
The high protein content in eggs makes it a good remedy for making your hair thicker. It is also rich in biotin and sulfur, essential for healthy and strong hair.
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a bowl, whisk the egg yolk and add water and coconut oil or olive oil to it.
- Massage this mixture into your scalp.
- Allow it to nourish your hair for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Wash it off with shampoo.
- Repeat this remedy once in a week.
3. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is known for its moisturizing properties, thereby preventing split ends and dry hair. It can also make your hair stronger and reverse hair thinning, giving your hair more volume.2
- Warm coconut oil
- Use your fingertips to massage the warm oil into your scalp.
- Once you have applied the oil, dip a towel in hot water and squeeze out the excess water.
- Wrap the towel around your head and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Wash it off with a mild shampoo.
- Repeat this procedure once in a week.
You can also use warm olive oil instead of coconut oil.
4. Fenugreek Seeds
In addition to being an effective hair loss remedy, fenugreek seeds can also decrease the thinning of your hair and enhance the regrowth of hair.
- Fenugreek seeds
- Based on the length of your hair, soak fenugreek seeds overnight.
- Grind the soaked seeds on the next day.
- Apply this paste thoroughly to your hair and scalp.
- Leave it for 30 minutes and wash it off with warm water.
5. Orange Juice
Oranges are rich in vitamin C which that enhance blood circulation, in turn promoting hair growth. It also makes your hair stronger thereby reducing hair fall and increasing the volume of your hair.
- Orange juice
- Olive oil
- Mix orange juice and olive oil in the ratio 1:1.
- Warm the mixture and apply it to your hair.
- Leave it in for 30 minutes and rinse it off.
6. Onion Juice
Onions can speed up hair growth, reduce premature graying of hair and hair loss. You can also use onion juice to strengthen your hair.
- To get onion juice, use a blender or a juicer to blend the onions well.
- Massage the extracted juice into your scalp and leave it in for 30 minutes.
- Use a shampoo to get rid of any residues and also the strong smell.
7. Indian Gooseberry
If hair loss is reducing the volume of your hair, Indian gooseberry is your answer to making your hair healthy and strong. Indian gooseberry, also known as “Amla” is rich in minerals and antioxidants that can strengthen your hair strands and also bring luster to your tresses.
- ¼ cup warm water
- ½ cup Indian gooseberry powder.
- Mix the Indian gooseberry powder with warm water to form a smooth paste.
- Leave it for a few minutes and apply the paste to your hair.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes and rinse it off with water.
- Avoid shampooing your hair for a few hours.
To maintain healthy and thick hair, take care of your hair and incorporate protein into your diet to promote hair growth.
Note: Avoid using these remedies if you have any cuts or wounds on your scalp.