Eczema is an inflammatory disease that brings along flares, redness, and sometimes swelling. If the outbreak starts very young, it’s difficult to get rid of it completely in a short span of time. Itching being the critical symptom in eczema, it can get worsened by intensive itching.
Earlier, the primary remedies to control eczema were to avoid soap and water. Nowadays, medication has substantially improved in the pharmacology and non-pharmacology sectors. In spite of this, eczema still poses to be difficult to tackle and hopes newer advancements will bridge the gap. Most commonly seen on the dry skin, eczema flakes, and flares.
Home remedies are the topical measures keeping the symptoms under control and the results all the more, fortuitous. Not all home remedies are helpful but sure, these five are magical.
Home Remedies For Eczema
Ayurveda is the usage of herbs in fixed doses at strict intervals, patience required for this remedy is huge. It is a routine which requires your body to sustain the treatments that come along with massages, baths etc… to keep oneself clean and keep the germs at
The main steps involved in Ayurveda include the Snehana (making the skin smooth), Swedana (making the body sweat in order to flush out toxins) and Panchakarma (five-step procedure to make blood flow healthier).
- The usual treatments for eczema are
- One teaspoon of Panchatikta ghritam twice a day.
- One tablet of Arogyavardhini thrice a day.
In addition, many more treatments do exist if this dose of medication isn’t enough. The medication in usually continued for about a month.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar controls eczema by acting as a disinfectant and soothing the skin inflammation and redness. Be sure to use this remedy only on the itchy skin with flares, and not cracked or bleeding skin, as it might cause irritation and worsen the situation.
- Mix one spoon of apple cider vinegar with one spoon of water.
- Dab this mixture onto eczema affected skin using a paper towel.
3. Baking Soda
Baking soda is useful and helps heal eczema.
For instant relief:
- Mix 1.5 cups of baking soda with 3 gallons of water.
- Use a cloth to
- Your itchiness will reduce tenfold instantly.
Always keep your body moisturized and clean, especially the areas with eczema.
- Dryness increases itching to unbelievable levels.
Honey is naturally antibacterial, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and quite the obvious choice for a home remedy. Honey is sometimes used as a substitute for antibiotics, actions that cannot be benefited through antibiotics are in turn compensated by honey.
- Wash your hands, pat them dry.
- Now, apply a layer of honey on the affected area and let it stay for about 10-20 mins before rinsing it off.
- Repeat this procedure repeatedly around 5 times throughout the day.
5. Green Clay
Green clay is rich in magnesium, iron, calcium, potassium, and other minerals which are the perfect solution to stop itching and the intense scratching that worsens the situation. It’s high absorbent properties leave no room for bacteria and flaky skin, and makes it work wonders for eczema.
- Take about 1/2 cup of green clay and mix it with enough amounts of water to make a solid paste.
- Apply this solid paste directly onto the affected area and let
- Once it’s dry, rinse off the paste under cool water and see the difference.
- If the paste becomes too dry before application, add ample water.
- Avoid physical and mental stress.
- Follow the right eating habits and keep the food light.
- Avoid cold water or hot water showers, go for the lukewarm water.
- Moisturize your skin always.
- Get enough sleep.
Fight eczema by following these five remedies and see how they work wonders.