wp-image-223283" src="https://curejoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/image-4-11.jpg" alt="Avoid Hair Straighteners" width="770" height="513" srcset="https://i2.wp.com/curejoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/image-4-11.jpg?w=770&ssl=1 770w, https://i2.wp.com/curejoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/image-4-11.jpg?resize=300%2C200&ssl=1 300w, https://i2.wp.com/curejoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/image-4-11.jpg?resize=768%2C512&ssl=1 768w" sizes="(max-width: 696px) 100vw, 696px" />
Long hair, short hair, wavy hair, black hair, brown hair – hair is something we all want to make ourselves look better and feel better. And hair care is a real struggle, especially when you don’t have time to give it extra attention. But it doesn’t have to be that difficult (or expensive). Believe it or not, your hair actually prefers simplicity and a healthy routine!
Here are a few basic hair care rules to follow.
1. Wash Your Hair Less Often
Less is more! If you are washing your hair every day, then you need to stop now. Start by washing your hair every alternate day and slowly reduce it to probably washing it three times in a week.
Washing your hair every day can reduce the natural oils that your scalp produces which gives it a good shine and texture. Washing your hair less often will help it regain its strength and you can make it look bouncy again.
2. Brush Your
Hair Only When Required
Brushing your hair only when required can help you maintain healthy hair. This is because brushing causes friction damage to the hair shaft and cuticle. This is most common with brushes having synthetic bristles. It is always best to use natural bristles because they absorb and distribute the oils and trap the dirt and dust.
If you have naturally curly hair, it is not advised to comb or brush them like straight hair.
3. Grease Your Hair Well
It is important to maintain moisture in your hair and scalp. This will prevent the hair from breaking and the scalp from drying. Dry scalp will lead to dandruff.
Avoid products that contain petroleum or mineral oil. These substances tend to clog the pores and will cause damage and hair breakage.
4. Stay Away From Heat
Reduce the use of hair straighteners, blow dryers, curling irons, hot rollers, and other equipment that use heat to style your hair. Using heat on the hair can cause them to dry faster and can also lead to dry, itchy scalp.
When using a blow dryer, try holding it at least 6 inches away from the hair and use it on low heat.
5. Reduce Your Stress Levels
Stress affects people differently. One such effect of stress is hair loss. Stress can also affect the texture of your hair and make them look dull. If you observe sudden hair loss, it is usually a side effect of stress. Sometimes, it may also cause your hair to grey faster than it would otherwise.
You can try yoga, meditation, a massage, or even a cup of tea to reduce the levels of stress you face every day.
Natural Hair Tips
- Nutrition and diet: These are important for healthy hair. Your hair is made up of proteins; make sure you have plenty of those. Your hair also requires biotin, iron, iodine, vitamin B 12, and omega-3 fatty acids. Include foods rich in these for healthy hair.
- Scalp massages: This can prevent hair loss and also increase blood circulation which is good for healthy hair.
- Getting your hair trimmed every three months: This will give your hair a good shape and get rid of split ends as well.
- Avoid braids and weaves: Braids tend to pull out hair strands and, in the long run, can lead to hair loss.
- You can also use natural and essential oils: These work well if you want thicker, stronger, healthier hair. You could try coconut oil with rosemary essential oil, peppermint oil, grapeseed oil, etc.