Few things are more frustrating than a case of persistent acne. Pimples popping up all over your face can be unsightly, painful and affect your self-esteem. Ironically, most medicines that are supposed to heal acne can end up making it worse. Benzoyl peroxide and retinol are commonly prescribed for acne, but they can dry out the skin, making it more sensitive. You don’t need expensive treatments to clear up your acne when there are natural ingredients which are just as effective. Green tea is very powerful against acne because it’s a natural antioxidant and has soothing properties. These DIY green tea recipes require only three ingredients to give you the clear skin of your dreams.
1. Balancing Green Tea Toner
A good toner is very important when you have acne because it can remove any last trace of dirt that’s left on your face. Toners can also hydrate the skin, balance the pH levels and prep your skin for a moisturizer. Keeping the
1. ¾ cup strongly brewed green tea
2. ¼ cup unfiltered organic apple cider vinegar
3. 4-5 drops of your favorite essential oil (you can choose from tea tree oil, orange, lavender and more)
1. Mix all the ingredients together and store in a spray bottle. You can keep this bottle in your fridge, so it’s refreshingly cool when you need to use it.
2. After you clean your face with a face wash, spritz your face directly with this toner. Pat it into your skin until it’s dry.
This natural toner combines three potent acne-fighting ingredients to give you beautiful, clear skin. Apple cider vinegar maintains your skin’s acidic layer, killing acne-causing bacteria. Essential oils like tea tree and lavender soothe the skin and protect it from acne.
2. Gentle Exfoliating Green Tea Scrub
Your skin sheds cells every day so new ones can surface. However, sometimes the dead skin cells can accumulate on your skin, making it look dull and lifeless. Dead skin cells can also prevent your skin products from seeping into the deeper layers of your skin, rendering them less effective. If you have acne, then exfoliating at least once a week is very important to help you get clear skin. Doing this will buff away dead skin so new, clear skin can come to the surface. Stay away from harsh exfoliants like sugar which can tear your skin, spread bacteria and make your acne worse. Gentle exfoliators are the best for people with sensitive, acne-prone skin.
1. 1 tbsp matcha green tea
2. ½ cup ground oatmeal
3. 1 tbsp avocado oil
1. Mix all the ingredients together and gently rub over your face in circular motions. Do this for about 2-3 minutes before washing off. Repeat once a week.
2. You can store
Matcha green tea is the most powerful form of green tea, containing almost 10 times more antioxidants than regular green tea. Oatmeal is a gentle exfoliant and is ideal for sensitive, broken skin. Avocado oil is intensely moisturizing, which prevents your skin from drying out while you exfoliate it.
3. Detoxifying Green Tea Face Pack
Your skin comes into contact with toxins every single day from pollution and dirt. These particles can get trapped in your pores and lead to severe breakouts. Sometimes, a simple face wash isn’t enough to extract these toxins because they’re so deeply embedded. This is why people with acne need to use a heavy-duty face pack at least once a week to suck out all the gunk from their pores.
1. ½ tsp matcha green tea
2. 2 capsules of activated charcoal
3. ½ tsp bentonite clay
4. Filtered water as needed
1. Mix together all the dry
2. Slowly start adding the filtered water and keep mixing until it forms a thick paste. You can even use brewed green tea instead of water for extra antioxidants.
3. Apply this paste evenly over your face, avoiding your delicate eye contour. Leave it on to dry for about 15 minutes and then wash off.
This face pack is like a vacuum cleaner for your pores. Bentonite clay and activated charcoal suck out every last trace of dirt from within your pores, leaving you with beautifully clean skin. Use this face mask once every week to start noticing a huge difference in your acne.