It is very rare that one has simply flawless skin to flaunt. Countless factors such as prolonged exposure of the skin to the sun, use of harsh cosmetic products, medical conditions, pollution, etc. affect our skin and often leave dark spots and patches on the skin. The good news is that you can effectively remove these marks and patches with a few foods.
Once you rub these food items on the skin, the spots get lightened and the overall appearance gets improved to a great extent. The best thing about these foods is that they are natural remedies and can also lighten the skin tone and gift you flawless, radiant skin.
Cucumber is a vegetable that contains a large percentage of water and hydrates the skin naturally. Its skin lightening properties are a result of its water content itself.
- For unevenly tanned skin or patches of discoloration on the skin, you
- Alternatively, you can use grated cucumber with aloe vera gel and apply the mixture on the skin. This remedy can be done for a week or more daily, and until noticeable improvement is seen on the skin.
- Grated cucumber can also be used with gram flour and lemon juice to improve the texture of the skin. This mixture must be left on until it dries and is recommended to be done for a week continuously until you notice your skin getting better.
2. Red Lentil
Red lentils are used to cook healthy, delicious dishes, but it can also be used to lighten the skin effectively. Red lentils are rich in protein and can improve a person’s complexion as well. It helps in lightening the skin and the dark spots by eliminating dead cells that get accumulated on the surface of the skin.
To attain perfect results, soak
Yogurt is a dairy product that can work wonders on the skin. It is rich in nutrients that nourish the skin from within and contains lactic acid, which helps in brightening the skin.
- Apply yogurt on your face directly and rinse after 20 minutes.
- Alternatively, yogurt can be mixed with honey and this mixture can be applied on the skin. After the application, it can be left on the skin for 10 to 15 minutes and then rinsed off with cool water. For best results, this remedy must be done for seven to ten days
Since the ancient days, honey has been revered as a magical ingredient that can be used in beauty rituals. It has also had its own place in Ayurveda and is highly recommended for its moisturizing and skin lightening properties. Honey is antibacterial in nature and can also improve the condition of acne-prone skin.
For best results, honey must be mixed with lemon juice, milk powder, and almond oil. This mixture must be applied and left on the skin for a quarter of an hour and then rinsed off with cool water. The remedy must be repeated once in two days for a period of ten days.
Sugar has gentle exfoliating properties and can brighten the skin if applied in the right manner for a certain period of time.
It is advisable to use brown sugar and mix it with honey until it forms a uniform mixture. This mixture helps in removing dead skin cells that get accumulated on the surface of the skin and stimulates blood circulation. This application should be repeated twice a week to attain the best results.
With these amazing foods to lighten the skin and eliminate dark spots and patches, you can flaunt a flawless, glowing, and youthful skin.