In this rat-race of life, we seldom find time to take care of our skin in the morning. Often, we leave for work or start our day without following our morning skin-care routine. This is affecting our skin greatly. One of the best ways to prevent this from happening is by letting the skin breathe while we sleep. If we let the night before do the work while we sleep, neither do we waste any time taking care of our skin and nor does our skin look dull. Read on to find out the easy tips you can follow to feel beautiful every morning.
Get Enough Beauty Sleep
“Beauty sleep” is synonymous to “good night’s sleep” and is all about getting enough rest so that you can de-stress your mind, your skin, and also, yourself. Sleep helps the skin get refreshed and rejuvenated by stopping all facial expressions and by relaxing the facial muscles. When you lie down for a long period of time, you prevent the effects of gravity on your skin and get enough rest to detoxify and de-stress your body and also, improve your mood. This helps in improving your complexion and facial appearance as well.
Sleep With Your Head Lifted
The average weight of a human head is around 12 pounds, which is a lot of pressure to put on your face. This is why it is always recommended that you sleep with your head elevated on two pillows. If you are not used to taking two pillows, put the headrest of your bed on a piece of wood of 2 or 4 inches. The gravity of earth will help the lymph and blood keep flowing so that any kind of fluid does not get accumulated.
Keep Yourself Calm
The more we take stress, the earlier we get old. Our skin is the first layer of defense and often, reacts to stress first among other parts of the body. So, keep yourself happy and stress-free. You can try certain medicinal herbs like basil and ashwagandha to reduce cortisol while sleeping and soothe the adrenal glands.
Cleanse With Honey
Honey can work wonders on your skin as it has magical skin-clearing properties. It is very easy to cleanse your face with honey before bedtime. Apply a layer of honey on the face, leave it for 30 seconds, and then, rinse your face with cool water or wipe it with a washcloth. You will notice that your skin is moisturized instantly and not just that, honey also kills blackheads and zit-causing bacteria.
Food For Your Skin
If your skin must stay healthy and look beautiful, apart from lifestyle changes, you must make changes in your diet as well. A super-skin-food salad for dinner that consists of protein, healthy fats, and vegetables rich in antioxidants has proved to be quite helpful in keeping the skin moisturized and radiant. It is a delicious blueberry-pomegranate salad with flaxseed lemon vinaigrette dressing that helps in skin formation, collagen synthesis, prevents UV rays from damaging the skin, detoxifies the skin, prevents aging, reduces the appearance of spots, wrinkles, and lines, and also, tones unbalanced, sagging, facial skin. To keep your skin healthy, glowing, and beautiful, have this salad for dinner and notice amazing changes on your skin.
For the salad, you will need:
1. 1 cup of cooked organic white quinoa, which will need to be cooled down before adding
2. 1 ½ cup of organic dandelion greens, which must be shredded in a food processor
3. ½ cup of blueberries, either fresh or frozen and defrosted
4. ½ cup of pomegranate seeds
5. ¾ cup of grated, raw carrot (purple carrots will also do)
6. ¾ cup of grated, raw beetroot
7. ¼ cup of nigella satvia seeds
8. ¼ cup of hemp hearts
9. ¼ cup of organic sunflower seeds, activated if possible (for better digestion)
10. ⅓ cup of flaxseed lemon vinaigrette
To make the flaxseed lemon vinaigrette, find the ingredients required below:
1. 3 tablespoons of organic, cold-pressed flaxseed oil
2. 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
3. 1 tablespoon of fresh, finely chopped parsley
4. 2 teaspoons of Manuka honey
5. 1 teaspoon of finely grated, lemon zest
6. 1 teaspoon of organic, black peppercorn
7. ½ teaspoons of Celtic sea salt
8. ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder
To prepare the salad and the dressing, find the recipe below:
1. Combine all the ingredients of the salad in a bowl and toss them.
2. Take all the vinaigrette ingredients in a glass jar and shake vigorously until the vinaigrette emulsifies well.
3. Serve it over the salad immediately. If any vinaigrette is left, store it in the fridge and shake well before using it next time.
This salad will help you get a healthy glow in your skin, and if taken for dinner on a daily basis, you will notice positive results on your skin.