size-full wp-image-192716" src="https://curejoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Neck-Lifter.jpg" alt="Neck Lifter Strengthens The Muscles Of The Neck" width="770" height="450" srcset="https://i0.wp.com/curejoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Neck-Lifter.jpg?w=770&ssl=1 770w, https://i0.wp.com/curejoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Neck-Lifter.jpg?resize=300%2C175&ssl=1 300w, https://i0.wp.com/curejoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Neck-Lifter.jpg?resize=768%2C449&ssl=1 768w" sizes="(max-width: 696px) 100vw, 696px" />
As we get older, we deal with a lot of problems with our body – inside and outside. Aging is a never-ending process and it cannot be stopped. We can, however, control the effects of aging.
Skin is the largest organ in your body and your skin is the first thing that people notice. As you grow older, your skin begins to show signs of aging, which include wrinkles around the eyes and cheeks, jowls, turkey neck, double chin, and others.
The term jowls refers to the flesh along the lower jaw especially when they are fleshy or sagging. When the skin along your lower jawline begins to hang or skin below the jawline, then you have saggy jowls. Similarly, turkey neck is another sign of aging skin. This is the sagging, loose skin on your neck.
We’ve all heard about the wonders of exercises and how good it can be to keep our bodies fit and healthy. Similarly, facial exercises can help with the signs of aging.
7 Facial Exercises For Sagging Jowls And Other Skin Problems
1. Jowl Tightener
Tightener Reduces The Problems Around The Jawline" width="770" height="450" srcset="https://i2.wp.com/curejoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Jowl-Tightener.jpg?w=770&ssl=1 770w, https://i2.wp.com/curejoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Jowl-Tightener.jpg?resize=300%2C175&ssl=1
768w" sizes="(max-width: 696px) 100vw, 696px" />
This exercise reduces the problems around your jawline. Here’s how you do the exercise.
- Using both your pinky fingers, hook each one on either side of your mouth.
- Hold both the fingers firmly in place, so that they form a resistance when you say the word “oh.”
- Repeat this for about 60–120 times.
- By doing this simple exercise, you tighten the muscles of the jowls.
2. Jowl And Neck Tightener
This exercise helps both the jowls and the neck. Here’s how you do the exercise.
- Pull your lips in, wrapping them around the upper and lower teeth.
- Keep the lips in place, smile and hold the pose for about 10 seconds.
- Repeat this exercise 12 times.
3. Neck Lifter
As the name suggests, it strengthens the muscles of the neck. This is a good exercise if you have loose sagging skin on your neck. Here’s how you do the exercise.
- Curl your tongue back.
- Hold the tongue curled while you also bring the neck back.
- Hold the neck back for 10 seconds.
- Repeat this exercise 20 times.
- You may also move your head up and down from side to side in a “U” pattern.
4. Double Chin Chopper
This exercise addresses the problem of a double chin. Here’s how you do the exercise.
- While sitting, point your head toward the ceiling, tilting your head back.
- Close your mouth and curl the tip of the
tongue up to touch the roof of your mouth.
- While keeping your head in an upward position, open and close your mouth 12 times.
- Make sure that your tongue touches the roof of your mouth every time you close it.
- Lower your head and relax for 20 seconds.
- Repeat the same exercise of 12 times twice.
5. Cheek Lift
This exercise reduces jowls, wrinkles, deep nose or lip crease. This is also good for the neck. Here’s how you do the exercise.
- Pull your mouth as far as possible to the left. Repeat this pull as far as possible to the right.
- Repeat this 10 times for each side, and try to increase it to 25 times.
- Take care not to pucker the upper lip.
- Look at yourself in the mirror to see if the skin above the upper lip tightens.
- Rapidly repeat this exercise.
6. Tongue Lift For Double Chin