For centuries, eggs have been used to improve hair health. And for good reason! They are packed with hair-friendly components like proteins, minerals, sulfur, biotin and other B-complex vitamins. Eggs stimulate hair growth, reduce hair fall, and strengthen the roots. While the proteins make the hair stronger, the fats help in conditioning it and improving its texture. Here are easy-to-make egg masks for your hair.
1. Egg, Lemon Juice, And Yogurt Mask
Yogurt is great for nourishing your hair. It prevents dandruff, balances the pH levels of the scalp, and controls hair fall.1 Adding a few drops of lemon juice makes this mixture more potent as lemons also reduce dandruff and promotes a healthy scalp.
- 1 egg
- 3-4 tablespoons yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Beat an egg in a bowl and mix the yogurt and lemon
- Apply this mixture gently on your scalp using a brush.
- Leave it on for an hour and rinse your hair with shampoo.
2. Egg And Castor Oil Mask
Did you know several shampoos use castor oil as an ingredient? This is because the oil improves blood circulation in the scalp. By combining the benefits of castor oil with those of an egg, you can easily prepare a mixture that can improve your hair health.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon castor oil
- Beat the eggs in a small container and add the castor oil.
- Blend the two ingredients properly and apply it to the hair, mainly targeting your scalp.
- Allow it to penetrate your scalp for an hour and then wash it with a mild shampoo. Don’t use a conditioner.
3. Egg And Vinegar Dandruff Mask
Vinegar helps in balancing the pH level of your hair, acts as a cleansing agent, improves hair growth, and prevents dandruff. So, mixing vinegar with eggs only enhances its benefits further. The egg serves as an excellent hair conditioner making it silky and soft.
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Beat an egg in a bowl and add the vinegar and olive oil to it.
- Mix the ingredients well and apply it to the hair roots and strands with a brush.
- Allow it to stay for at least 45 minutes.
- Rinse your hair with a mild shampoo but don’t use a conditioner.
4. Egg, Aloe Vera, And Olive Oil Mask
Aloe vera gel is great for improving hair growth, moisturizing the hair, and eliminating bacteria caused due to excessive oil secretion and dandruff on the scalp. Studies also show that hair oil containing aloe vera has properties that prevent premature graying of hair,
- 2-3 tablespoons egg yolk
- 4-5 tablespoons aloe vera gel
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Add the egg yolk and aloe vera in a bowl.
- Heat the olive oil for 10 seconds and add it to the bowl.
- Apply the mixture to your hair, ensuring that you start from the scalp.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes and rinse with cold water.
5. Egg, Coconut Oil, And Almond Oil Mask
Coconut oil improves hair growth, makes it shinier, and minimizes protein loss, which causes your hair to appear dull and unhealthy. It also provides the essential proteins required for nourishing and
- 4-5 tablespoons almond oil
- 3-4 tablespoons egg white
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Pour the egg white into a bowl and add the almond oil and coconut oil into it.
- Mix the ingredients and gently apply the blend to your hair and scalp.
- Allow it to soak into your scalp for 30 minutes.
- Wash with cold water and shampoo, but avoid using a conditioner. Repeat this at least thrice a week.
Remember, when it comes to hair care, eggs alone won’t help. Your genes, lifestyle, diet, and environmental factors also influence hair health.
|↑1||Parle, Milind. Malik, Jyoti. Curd: A Sedative With A Bonus Bowl of Useful Side Effects. International Research Journal of Pharmacy. 2014.|
|↑2||Joseph, Baby. Raj S. Justin. Pharmacognostic and Phytochemical Properties of Aloe Vera Linn – An Overview. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences Review and Research. 2010.|
|↑3||Vala, G. S., Kapadiya, P. K. Medicinal Benefits of Coconut Oil. International Journal of Life Sciences Research. 2014.|