Are you wondering why your hairline is receding and getting so thin? Many women begin to experience hair thinning as they get older. In fact, 48% of all women report that their hair is much thinner by the age of 65. This is no doubt distressing.
Causes Of Hair Loss
Hair loss can occur due to various reasons including stress, poor diet, overuse of harsh hair products, genetics, medications, pregnancy, and hormone imbalances. Women usually tend to relate thyroid with excessive hair loss. It certainly can be a thyroid imbalance, but it can also be a combination of many of the other reasons mentioned above.
If you suspect you may have a hormone imbalance, see your health care provider and have your hormone levels evaluated. Look at the potential side effects of any medications you are taking and see if hair loss is one of them. What are you eating? Have you been under a lot of stress in the last several weeks or months? Look at your hair products? Do they contain harsh chemicals?
These are just some of the things you might want to ask yourself.
8 Ways To Keep Your Hair Healthy
1. Ditch Expensive Hair Products
First, don’t rely on expensive hair products alone to stop hair loss. Hair care needs to be addressed more importantly from inside, as much the outside.
2. Say No To Harsh Chemicals
Avoid harsh hair care products, which can dry out or damage the hair. In some cases, individuals have even experienced hair loss in using certain at-home perm and/or coloring treatment products.
3. Get It Trimmed
If you notice split ends in your hair, have them trimmed. This will result in healthier hair and a better overall appearance. A trim is relatively inexpensive and should only take a matter of minutes at the local salon.
4. Eat Nutritious Food
Make sure you are eating food that is more nutritious. A woman must eat green leafy vegetables that contain vitamins, zinc, and copper. Intake of vitamin C, B and E in food promotes hair growth.
Consume foods rich in vitamin C such as citrus fruits. Biotin is very important B vitamin for your hair. Rich sources of biotin include eggs, nuts (particularly almonds), sweet potatoes, onions and wild salmon.
5. Good Massage Helps
Run your fingers through your hair and massage. This can help to stimulate blood flow and promotes hair growth.
6. Control Stress
Stress is a major factor, find ways to reduce it. This can be through a daily practice of meditation, exercise, deep breathing and prioritizing what is important to you. Take time for self-care. Changes in your diet and stress are natural ingredients in hair maintenance and can greatly prolong the life of one’s hair.
7. Check Hormone Levels
If you feel you have a hormone imbalance, get your levels checked and work with a health practitioner who has experience in treating women with hormone imbalances.
8. Use OTC Options
There are some over the counter options (OTC) that may help you have healthy locks as well. These can include treating your scalp and hair with a warm coconut oil treatment. Supplementing with biotin, vitamin C, and biosil are options as well.
Home Remedies For Healthy Hair
1. Remedy For Soft Hair
- Mix 2 egg yolks (depending on the length of your hair) with 2 tsp. castor oil.
- Massage this mixture on your hair.
- Keep it for some time then rinse it thoroughly.
- Whip up two raw eggs.
- Pour this mixture on your hair by massaging.
- Let it dry.
- Shampoo your hair and then give vinegar and water rinse.
Follow this procedure every month.
2. Remedy For Good Hair
- Mix egg yolk in 1/4 cup of yogurt with a little lime skin.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly and apply it to every single strand of hair.
- After applying keep it for 10 minutes and then wash it off.
The combination of yogurt and egg is very good for your hair.
3. Remedy For Silky Hair
- Mix a whole egg to lemon juice.
- Whisk it properly.
- Once applied on your hair keep it for some time.
- Rinse it thoroughly.
This combination gives a shine to your dull hair.
4. Remedy For Healthy Hair
- Beat egg yolk to make a frothy paste.
- Add 1/2 tsp. olive oil and beat the mixture again.
- Slowly and steadily add 3/4 cup of luke warm water.
- After shampooing, massage this conditioner and leave it for few minutes.
- Rinse it later.
5. Remedy For Smooth Hair
- Mix together 1 tbsp. honey, 1 egg yolk, 1/2 tsp. almond oil and 1 tbsp. yogurt.
- Make a frothy paste and apply it on your hair.
- Rinse it in 1/2 hours time.
- This will smooth your hair and moisturize it evenly.
Warning: Avoid using any of these products if you are allergic them. Hair loss is distressing for every woman. If you are experiencing increase hair loss, hopefully these tips will help.