Tummy problems? You probably need to pay attention to your digestive tract. Unhealthy foods and unhygienic eating habits are the main reasons for gastrointestinal (GI) infections. Irregular bowel movements cause toxic substances in the GI tract to come in contact with the intestinal walls and this makes you vulnerable to colon diseases and leaky gut. It also causes a rapid growth of harmful bacteria, which soon overtake the beneficial bacteria.
As a result, you suffer from various diseases that gradually weaken your immune system. In fact, the health of your whole body is dependent on the performance of your GI tract and how effectively waste is removed from the system. The best way to eliminate the harmful bacteria is to cleanse your GI tract. The cleansing method recommended here reduces inflammation, improves healing, and maintains the balance of the beneficial gut bacteria.
When Do You Need A GI Cleanse?
When you experience irregular and difficult bowel
- Gas formation, flatulence or bloating
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative colitis
- Crohn’s disease
- Colon cancer
- Intestinal polyps
Gastrointestinal Cleanse Methods
1. Juice Fasting
Juice fasting is a method where your intake is limited to just fluids, especially juices. While following this method, it is crucial that you drink sufficient quantities of liquids and completely refrain from eating solid foods.
Drinking selected fresh fruit and vegetable juices is essential for repairing and nourishing the damaged cells. It also detoxifies the organs of the digestive system and prevents artificial food additives from contaminating the system. Here’s how to make a lemon, ginger, and apple juice.
- ½ cup of organic, pure apple juice
- 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed organic lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of organic ginger juice
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- ½ cup of lukewarm filtered water
- Take a container and pour half a cup of lukewarm filtered water.
- Finally, add the salt and stir the ingredients well and drink it.
Performing this cleanse for at least a week and a maximum of 28 days allows the old fecal material to be expelled from the system. Just toss some healthy fresh fruits or veggies of your choice into the blender and drink the juice. Juice fasting is not only safe but also a powerful method to remove wastes and encrustations and even reduces your cholesterol levels.1
2. Fiber-Boost Drink
You can prepare a healthy fiber drink using ingredients that are easily available in most kitchens. It has shown to work effectively in patients with acid reflux, eczema, obesity, diabetes, and hypertension.
- 1 teaspoon raw organic honey
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon organic psyllium husk powder
- 250 ml water
- Take a glass containing 250 ml of room temperature water.
- Add the honey, apple cider vinegar, and the psyllium husk powder.
- Stir well until all the ingredients dissolve and drink it right away.
- Immediately, drink an 8-oz glass of water containing a teaspoon each of raw honey and apple cider vinegar.
You should drink this juice for a minimum of two weeks and a maximum of 28 days. Once the regime is completed, give it a 3-month break and repeat the regime as required. Ensure that you drink lots of water throughout the day when you follow this.
- Day 1: Drink once in a day
- Day 2: Drink twice a day
- Day 3: Drink thrice a day and continue this dose until the 28th day
Tips To Keep Your Colon Clean And Healthy
- Consume food-grade diatomaceous earth, which helps destroy harmful microbes.
- Make it a point
- Ensure that you include fermented foods such as buttermilk or high-quality probiotics supplements.
- Infuse your drinking water with a couple of drops of oregano oil and drink at least twice or thrice a day, beginning from the day you start the cleanse.
|↑1||Huber, R., M. Nauck, R. Lüdtke, and H. Scharnagl. “Effects of one week juice fasting on lipid metabolism: a cohort study in healthy subjects.” Complementary Medicine Research 10, no. 1 (2003): 7-10.|