Research reveals that most of us could gain 6–7 pounds during the winter season. This is because the cold and cozy environment persuades us to eat anything that can keep us warm and happy. Moreover, our lazy mood blames the weather’s detrimental influence over our fitness regime and ample reasons prevail as well.
Losing weight in the winter might appear as an impossible mission. But keep away the worry, keep away the flab. Stuffing on pounds during winters is escapable.
How To Lose Weight In Winter?
Style up your food with minimum calories by trying out these steps:
- Eat food with high water content such as fruits and veggies (80 to 90% water), hot cereals (85 %), and soup (80–90 %).
- Oranges, naartjies, kiwi, guavas, grapefruit, and pawpaw are the fruits rich in protective nutrients that help to ward off winter cold and flu. These fruits are immune-system boosters and low in calories.
- If you like cream, yogurt, or cheese, use fat-free milk to make it. Drink skimmed milk and use it to make your coffee and tea.
- Try artificial or non-nutritive sweeteners instead of white
- Get sluggish while eating baked, packed, and fried food.
- Intake high protein, as a renowned dietitian says, “A high-protein diet appears to fool the brain into thinking you’ve eaten more than you have.”
2. Be Active
Exercising is the best arsenal against winter weight gain. Cardio and strength exercises are the chief among other exercises to lose weight. Wear enough clothes before going for an outdoor exercise. Extra weight burns more calories. (Army provides 10 percent more calories for heavily clad troops who exercise in the cold.)
If exercising is not your cup of tea, enjoy the winters with nature. Pack yourself and go out for a walk or a jog. Play with the kids or call your friends to visit an outdoor location. Moving out of the house into the sun will refresh you and make you active. You can also dance to your favorite music for an hour inside the house if you don’t want to go outside.
3. Other Tips
Look for maintenance and not just weight loss.
- Avoid eating thinking that it is your last supper.
- Be willing to say “No.”
- If it’s very urgent
- Calculate your calories while drinking alcohol and substitute it with your food.
- Enjoy food but avoid overeating.
- Give a thought before eating.
- Avoid skipping meals.
It is true that when temperature falls, our weight does the opposite. But remember not to lose hope but to lose weight this winter with these amazing tips. Moreover, have fun and stay happy.