If you’re wondering what sheet masks are, read on. Sheet masks are thin gauze sheets with eyes, nose and mouth hole cut out, soaked in a variety of ingredients depending on your skin type and what you want to do with your skin. They are an inexpensive way to take good care of your skin, in the convenience of your home and can be customized to suit your skin’s needs. Let’s have a look at a few DIY sheet masks to pamper your skin with.
How To Make A Sheet Mask
To make a basic cleansing sheet mask, you will need a fibrous cotton sheet, some rose water, some argan oil, glycerin, some tea tree oil and 2 shallow bowls to mix the ingredients in.
1. In one of the bowls that you have, mix 4 tablespoons of rose water with 2 tablespoons of glycerin and keep the mixture aside.
2. In a separate bowl, mix 3 drops of tea tree oil and 5 drops
3. Combine the two mixtures that you’ve made until they’ve blended well.
4. Take a soft and absorbent cotton sheet, place it over your face and mark spaces for the eyes, nose and mouth. Cut out the spaces that you’ve marked with a pair of scissors.
5. Soak the sheet in the mixture that you’ve made and let it sit for 15 minutes away from sunlight.
6. Place the sheet on your face and sit back as the mask refreshes and hydrates your skin.
Now that we’ve learnt how to make a sheet mask, let’s learn to make a few more masks for different skin types and actions.
1. A Sheet Mask To Hydrate Your Skin
In a bowl, add 5 drops of Vitamin C oil, and a teaspoon each of rose water and glycerin. Stir the ingredients well. Immerse the mask in this solution and let it soak in it for a minute. Before putting the mask on your
2. A Sheet Mask To Brighten Your Skin
In a bowl, mix half a cup of freshly brewed and cooled green tea with 5 drops of rosehip oil, 1 teaspoon of honey and 3 drops of lavender essential oil. Dip the sheet mask into the solution and let it sit for a minute. Wring it lightly to remove excess liquid before applying it to your face. Keep it on for 30 minutes and wash your face with plain water to remove any residue from your face. This mask is used to repair dry skin and to help brighten it.
3. A Sheet Mask To Tighten The Skin
Take an egg white in a bowl and add 5 drops of rosemary oil and a few drops of lemon juice to it. Beat it well, and use a brush to apply the mixture all over your face. Apply the sheet mask on your face over the applied mixture. Using the brush, apply another coat of the mixture onto the mask. Keep it on for 25 minutes before peeling it off. The collagen and protein in this mask boost the production of natural lipids, which helps tighten the skin.
4. An Anti-Blemish Sheet Mask
Take 2 tablespoons of rice water in a bowl. Add a few drops of rose water, 5 drops of tea tree oil and 5 drops of eucalyptus oil to it and mix the ingredients well. Dip the mask in the solution and let it get saturated. Apply the mask on your face, taking care to avoid the area around your eyes.
5. A Detoxifying Sheet Mask
Mix equal parts of oats, milk and green tea and whisk the mixture well to blend all the ingredients. Soak a sheet mask in the mixture and apply it to your face before peeling it off after 20 minutes. This mask helps revive dull skin by removing surface dirt and shrinking pores.