Avocado is a nutrient-dense fruit that is high in healthy fats. It is popular among individuals trying to lose weight and stay healthy.
Avocados can promote weight loss, reduce the risk of heart disease, improve eye health, and might reduce the risk of cancer as they are rich in antioxidants, fiber, healthy fats, folate, potassium, and vitamins. It can be easily incorporated into your meals as it has a good taste.
Here are 5 avocado recipes for a healthy and nutrient-rich meal.
1. Avocado And Tomato Salad
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 1 diced cucumber
- 1 diced avocado
- 50 grams cottage cheese/tofu/feta cheese
- Finely cut red onion
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tablespoon black pepper
- Dice the tomatoes and peeled cucumbers. You can also use cherry tomatoes instead of the regular ones.
- Dice the avocado once you have removed the pit.
- Add all the diced items to the bowl.
- Cut the cottage cheese/tofu/feta cheese into cubes and add it to the bowl.
- Add the finely chopped red onions and parsley to the bowl.
- In another small bowl, mix olive oil, vinegar, and black pepper together and pour it over your salad.
- Toss is gently and serve immediately.
If you are going to eat the salad later, ensure that you don’t add avocados when it is kept in the refrigerator.
2. Avocado Soup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 peeled and mashed avocados
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups cream
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 tablespoons cilantro
- Put the butter in a pot and heat it over medium flame.
- Add onions to it and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Now add garlic and cook for a few seconds.
- Add the chicken broth, avocados, and lime juice and bring it to boil.
- Lower the flame and cook for 5–10 minutes.
- Let it cool for a few minutes and then blend it in a blender till it is smooth. Ensure that you cool it before pouring it into the blender.
- Now transfer this smooth mixture back to the pot and add salt, pepper, cumin, and cream to it.
- Cook it on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add cilantro on top and serve.
3. Avocado Pasta
- 12 ounces spaghetti or pasta of your choice
- 8 tablespoons basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup corn kernels
- Cook the pasta in boiling water and drain the water.
- In a blender, add avocados, basil, garlic and lemon juice. Also, add salt and pepper and blend well.
- Now add olive oil to the blender and blend it well.
- In a bowl, toss the pasta and avocado sauce together.
- Add cherry tomatoes and corn to it and toss again until everything is mixed well.
- Serve it immediately.
4. Avocado And Cucumber Sandwich
- 2 slices whole grain bread or bread of your choice
- 2 tablespoons cheese spread or 2 cheese slices
- 2–3 tablespoons mashed avocado
- 12 thin cucumber slices
- Toast the bread and spread each slice with the cheese spread.
- Now on one bread slice, spread the mashed potato over the cheese.
- Top it with cucumber slices and sprinkle salt and pepper if required.
- You can also add bell pepper, tomatoes, and olives.
- Place the other bread slice over it and serve.
5. Avocado And Banana Smoothie
- 1 peeled avocado
- ½ cup yogurt
- 1 cup milk or soy milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Ice cubes
- Toss all the ingredients in a blender and blend it until smooth.
- Pour it into a glass and serve cold.
Note: If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, always consult your doctor before eating avocados.