Waxing surely is an effective way to remove unwanted hair and stay hairless for a long time. That said, the wax comes in a number of varieties and flavors, each of which claims a host of benefits. Hot wax and cold wax are the main types. And as the names suggest, hot wax is to be applied hot and cold wax is meant to be used cold.
Which type you should choose depends mostly on what suits your skin best, how much time you have, and what part of your body you intend to wax. Read on to know how to use both types of wax and the pros and cons that come with using them to make an informed decision about which one to choose.
All You Need To Know About Hot Wax
While hot wax comes in a number of flavors like chocolate, aloe vera, and strawberry, they’re all used the same way and function alike. Before using it, melt the wax in a wax heater. Then, apply the melted wax on your skin using a wooden stick, press down a wax strip on the wax, and yank it off in the direction opposite to that of your hair growth to remove your unwanted hair. When you apply the hot wax on your skin, it clings to the hair and removes it when you pull suddenly.
Benefits Of Using Hot Wax
- Your pores and hair follicles open up thanks to the heat, making it easy for the hair to be pulled out.
- Hot wax sticks to your hair better, so all strands are removed in one go.
- It is ideal if you’re looking to remove short hair on your skin.
Side Effects Of Using Hot Wax
- Hot wax can burn your skin if it’s too hot.
- It can be quite messy and tough to get off your skin after it dries.
- Preparing and using hot wax for hair removal at home is quite time-consuming.
- Perfecting the right way to use hot wax can take a while.
All You Need To Know About Cold Wax
Cold wax is ideal to use at home and while traveling. It usually comes in the form of strips that already have wax on them. You simply need to rub a strip between your palms, press it down with the waxed side on your skin, and then yank it in the direction opposite to that of your hair growth to pull out the unwanted hair from your skin.
Benefits Of Using Cold Wax
- Cold wax is fairly easy to use.
- Purchasing it doesn’t work out too expensive.
- Using it isn’t a messy affair.
- Waxing is said to be a less painful experience for many who use cold wax.
- Using it doesn’t require any special preparation.
- It’s quite convenient when you’re pressed for time.
- It is ideal for use in areas that are difficult to reach.
Side Effects Of Using Cold Wax
- Cold wax doesn’t stick to the hair as well as you’d like. So, you need to apply it repeatedly, which may cause skin irritation.
- Using cold wax may increase the risk of ingrown hair.
Should You Choose Hot Wax Or Cold Wax?
Making a choice between hot wax and cold wax depends on your skin type, which part of your body you want to wax, and how much time you have at hand.
Hot wax effectively removes unwanted hair. So, it’s ideal for you if you’re okay with spending a fair bit of time using it. It’s also the better choice if your hair is coarse. If you have sensitive skin, use hot wax to avoid irritation of any sort. It is good for waxing your armpit hair and bikini line.
If you don’t have enough time to prepare and use hot wax, cold wax is the way to go. It’s also easy to use when you’re traveling because it’s a less messy process. Using cold wax is also said to cause less pain and is especially more suited to those who don’t have very coarse hair. It is good for waxing your leg hair, arm hair, and facial hair.
So, make a choice between the two based on your preferences and get smooth, hairless skin.