Every aspect of human existence has undergone a sea of change with each decade and this doesn’t exempt the butt! Just take a look at the depiction of the human behind in mainstream media. This is a proud time to be a woman with a big butt. An increasing deviation from stereotypical body types is motivating more and more women to flaunt their assets fearlessly.
If you think your glutes need to undergo a makeover, don’t rush for butt lifts, fillers and implants as these can pose serious risks to your health in the long run. Instead, try these simple yet supercharged butt-exercise routines for just 5 minutes every day to get the booty of your dreams.
Basic Squat For A Toned Butt
A basic squat focusses primarily on your glutes and can help in strengthening them. Squat like you would sit on an imaginary chair and always keep your weight on your heels.
- Stand with your feet placed
- Begin your descend by bending at your knees with your butt sticking like you would while sitting. Keep your chest and spine in correct posture, don’t bend your back.
- While bending at the knees, look straight ahead and your thighs should be as parallel to the floor as possible. Keep your knees over your ankles.
- Squat down as low as possible and get back up, remember to keep your weight on your heels throughout the exercise
- Keep your core engaged and press on your heels while standing
- Repeat for a minute1
Walking Lunges For A Voluptuous Behind
Walking lunges are great for your gluteal and thigh muscles. It is often recommended by trainers as the best exercise to get a rounder booty.2
- Stand upright with your
- Take a wide step forward with your left leg and lower until the knees are at right angles to each other and your left thigh is parallel to the floor.
- Look straight ahead and use your right leg to get back to standing position
- Now go the next part of the lunge, this time leading with the right foot
- Keep repeating so that you alternate which foot initiates the walking lunges. You can count either the number of lunge steps you take and do sets of ten each side, or do the lunges for distance or time.
- Repeat for one minute.
Alternating Side Lunges For A Shapely Booty
A well-rounded butt gives your body the perfect silhouette. Lateral movements seen in alternate side lunges helps to tone the gluteal muscles on the sides of the pelvis and that gives it a proportionate appearance on all sides.
- Start with your feet directly under your hips. Step your right foot wide to
- Make sure that your right knee doesn’t go beyond your right toes. Keep your trunk lifted and your weight in your heels.
- Push into your right foot to come back to standing position, then lunge sideways to the left to complete one rep.
- Repeat for a minute
Sumo Squat To Perfectly Sculpt Your Butt
Sumo squats are great for toning your lower body and butt. The basic difference between a regular squat and sumo squat is the manner in which the legs are placed. In a regular squat, the leg is kept at shoulder width with toes pointing straight. While in a sumo squat, the legs are spread wide apart (about 3-4 ft) and the toes are pointing out.
- To perform a sumo squat, stand with your feet wider than hip-distance apart with toes pointing out
- Begin the descent by bending your knees and hips while simultaneously raising your
- All the while, keep your core engaged and back straight and don’t let the knees move away from toes.
- Once your thighs parallel to the floor, rise up again and stand straight
Goblet Squats For A Bigger Butt
The best exercise to finish this 5-minute butt exercise routine is the amazing goblet squat. It is pretty similar to a basic squat except that you would need a dumb-bell or kettlebell in hand to do the same steps. Make sure that you carry the weight parallel to the chest while going down as well as rising up. It really helps to tone your glutes, hamstrings and thigh muscles.
If you are in the mood to fire up your glutes, practice this 5-minute routine for at least half an hour daily. Don’t forget to play your favorite chartbuster number while working out to get you completely in the groove. Keep at it and transform your behind into