Has your pee ever burned all the way down and caused you pain? Have you ever made multiple trips to the bathroom but you still keep feeling the sensation and need to pee again? It might be bladder infection!
A bladder infection sneakily creates problems in your body and hits your gut badly. If you have already suffered from this problem, you know how irritating it might get to stay hooked to the toilet but relieve yourself of nothing at all. This often results in curling up on the bed with an uneasy feeling in your lower abdomen and painful cramps in that area. The pee burns as well, causing you added pain.
A bladder infection (medically termed as cystitis) is a serious type of urinary tract infection (UTI) that is caused when there is a bacterial infection that leads to the inflammation of the bladder. Bladder infections are acute, so treatment must be done early to prevent the infection from spreading and causing unnecessary complications.
Home Remedies For Treatment
While most doctors prescribe antibiotics to get rid of a bladder infection, over time, bacteria can become resistant to these medications. This can make it difficult to treat bladder infection. If you are suffering from a relatively mild infection, you can always try to treat it with safe home remedies. Read on to learn about some easy and effective home remedies.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Raw, unfiltered, and unpasteurized apple cider vinegar (ACV) can effectively treat bladder infection. The “mother” of the vinegar contains enzymes and bacteria that can restore and increase the number of healthy bacteria in the body and outnumber the E. coli in the bladder that causes infection. However, remember to take ACV as soon as you notice symptoms of bladder infection.
Single-Step Treatment: Drink Diluted ACV
1. Take a glass of water and add 2 tablespoons ACV to it.
2. Add lemon and honey for better taste.
3. Stir well and drink the solution.
4. Repeat the process thrice daily for 2 to 3 days to get rid of the infection completely.
You should feel relieved from the burning sensation right after an hour of drinking the first glass of ACV solution.
Tip: As a preventive measure, add 1 teaspoon of ACV to a glass of water and drink it 20 minutes before each meal. When you do this for a week, you prevent the infection from coming back and improve your overall health as well.
Cranberry Juice Or Cranberry Pills
Cranberries contain a compound called proanthocyanidin that depletes the ability of bacteria to adhere to the cell-lining of the walls of the bladder. This helps in flushing the bacteria out of the bladder when you urinate.
Single-Step Treatment: Drink Cranberry Juice
1. Drink a glass of freshly made cranberry juice thrice daily.
2. Alternatively, take 500 mg cranberry capsules thrice daily.
The consumption of cranberry juice or cranberry supplements helps in reducing the symptoms of bladder infection just after a day and clears the infection completely within a week.
When you take baking soda in moderate quantities, you help in neutralizing the acidity in your urine that creates a hostile environment for the bacteria. Adding lemon juice to baking soda also boosts the alkaline properties and the required antibacterial environment.
Single-Step Treatment: Baking Soda And Lemon In Water
1. 1 teaspoon baking soda
2. 1 teaspoon lemon juice
3. 1 glass water
1. Take a glass of water and add the baking soda and lemon juice to it.
2. Stir well and drink it thrice a day for the first couple of days.
3. When the symptoms improve, drink it twice a day and continue the process for a week.
Coconut oil is known for its strong antifungal, antiviral, and antibacterial properties. It kills the bad bacteria in the body without hampering the health of the good bacteria.
Single-Step Treatment: Consume Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil
1. Consume 1 tablespoon extra-virgin coconut oil twice daily for a couple of weeks.
2. If you find it difficult to have the oil directly, add it to your salads and smoothies.
When you keep your body well-hydrated, you recover yourself from bladder infection by flushing the bacteria out of your system as you urinate more.
Single-Step Treatment: Drink Water
1. Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water every day when you suffer from a bladder infection.
2. Urinate as much as possible to flush the bacteria out of your system.
With these home remedies, you can easily keep bladder infection at bay.