Have a lot of spare space in your backyard? A vibrant garden is always a great idea to brighten things up. It makes for a great hobby as well. As a beginner, there are many things to consider such as soil quality, fencing, water sources, and how much sunlight your plants will get. This list is here to help you choose some easy plants to begin with.
Why A Flower Garden
- A flower garden can be a sort of watering hole for birds, bees, and butterflies. Set up bird feeders as well. Sit back in the summer and enjoy the company of these creatures as they flourish in your garden.
- Attracting these pollinators will also help your vegetable garden flourish if you have one.
- Flower gardening can give you some light exercise. There’s digging, squatting, pulling, and reaching to do.
- You will get lots of fresh air by spending time outdoors. Coupled with the exercise, this provides a great source of stress relief.
- Flower gardens are a cheap hobby to maintain unless you invest in expensive equipment which, more often than not, is unnecessary.
- You don’t have
- Gardens are obviously aesthetically pleasing which means you’ll have a great view outside your window.
Easy Flowers For Beginners To Grow
Here are some flowering garden plants which are easy to take care of, ideal for beginners.
Even children could grow this easy plant. The seeds of a sunflower are large and easy to handle. Just sow the seeds straight into the ground in a sunny, sheltered spot. If you want them to grow extra tall, give the stems some support.
These beautiful bright flowers are another great choice if you have children. They do well in containers as well as beds. Just make sure to give them a sunny spot and it won’t be long before you
These flowers come in almost every color and in varying heights. Plant them in a sunny spot with enough space between them. There should be directions on the package on how to plant them far enough apart. It’s important to give them this space to prevent diseases from spreading.
You can grow these from the seed or get plug plants which are even easier to grow. These are bright flowers which do not last throughout the year but they bloom quickly and beautifully. As a beginner, it’s a great plant to start with since it can be incredibly fulfilling. Just make sure you provide sunlight and soil that drains easily.
This is another type of flower that does great in flower beds or containers. They also make great options for hanging baskets. Whether it’s a sunny or shady spot doesn’t really matter. These plants will provide a spot of lush bright color.
Geraniums do great whether they’re in a window sill, a hanging basket, or in a flower bed. They do well in sunlight, but some climates may be too hot in the afternoon. They are a great way to add a burst of color to your backyard or inside your homes.
7. Morning Glory
These aptly names flowers just need a head start when you plant them. You’ll need to soak the seeds in lukewarm water overnight to help soften the
8. Sweet Pea
These flowers have a wonderful fragrance and it’s fortunate because the more flowers you pick, the more they grow. Their large seeds are also easy to handle. You can also buy them as plugs if you’re not sure about sowing them yourself. These plants are climbers so they’ll need a supportive fence nearby. Be wary of slugs though, since they tend to eat the young shoots.
Give it a shot and you’ll have a flourishing flower garden full of colors and textures in no time!