The holidays are quickly approaching. While for some, it is a time to enjoy spending time with family and festivities, for others, it’s a stressful period of the year.
Whether you have unpleasant relatives to deal with or not-so-fun office gatherings to attend, there are options to help you breeze through your holiday season easily and naturally. Try improve your mood and put on a happy face with one of these essential oils.
The Joyful Blend
- This contains lavandin and lavender flowers, Hawaiian sandalwood, tangerine peel, Melissa flower, ylang ylang flower, elemi resin, osmanthus flower, and lemon myrtle leaf essential oils. It will give you energy, elevate your mood, and has a refreshing aroma.
- Diffuse the blend before heading out or after a long stressful day. You can also combine 1–2 drops with a carrier oil and apply topically to your wrists or over your heart. Be cautious after using topically; avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours.
The Encouraging Blend
- This consists of the peppermint plant, clementine peel, coriander seed, basil herb, yuzu peel, Melissa leaf, rosemary leaf, and vanilla bean. It promotes feelings of courage, confidence, and belief while counteracting negative emotions of doubt, pessimism, and cynicism.
- Diffuse while working to help you stay motivated or apply to pulse points before heading out. Make sure to combine with a carrier oil before topical application to ease any skin sensitivities. Since this blend is photosensitive, avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after topical application.
The Uplifting Blend
- This is made of wild orange peel, clove bud, star anise fruit/seed, lemon myrtle leaf, nutmeg kernel, vanilla bean extract, ginger rhizome, cinnamon bark, and the zdravetz herb. It promotes a cheerful, positive attitude and counteracts negative emotions of feeling down or blue.
- Diffuse at home and at work or apply one drop on your hand, rub together, and inhale deeply as needed. Since this blend is photosensitive, avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after topical application.
The Grounding Blend
- This is a blend of spruce needle/leaf, ho wood, frankincense resin, blue tansy flower, and blue chamomile flower. It promotes a state of balance and calmness, evokes feelings of tranquility, and promotes a whole-body sense of relaxation. Use this to ease anxious feelings, calm and relax your body, and feel more grounded.
- Diffuse before heading out or combine 1–2 drops with a carrier oil and apply topically to the bottom of your feet, wrists, and neck.
Individual essential oils can also uplift your mood and help you feel better:
Lavender Essential Oil
- This is one of the most loved essential oils. It helps to calm and relax you and to ease feelings of tension.
- Diffuse it aromatically or combine 1–2 drops with a carrier oil and apply topically to wrists, neck, and over your heart.
Wild Orange Essential Oil
- This will help ease anxious feelings and give you an energy boost. Its sweet aroma helps to uplift your mind and body.
- Diffuse aromatically or combine 1–2 drops with a carrier oil and apply to the desired area. Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after topical application.
Rosemary Essential Oil
- This helps reduce nervous tension and fatigue. It has an energizing scent that is frequently used in aromatherapy.
- Diffuse aromatically or dilute with a carrier oil and apply topically to the desired area.
Keep in mind that not all essential oils will work for everyone. Sometimes, you need to try a few different ones to see what works best with your body chemistry. You should also use high-quality, therapeutic-grade essential oils to reap the benefits of the oils here.
NOTE: Always use caution with essential oils. Avoid contact with your eyes, inner ears, and other sensitive areas. If you’re pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult with your physician. Essential oils are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.