Worried about your skincare? Looking for a chemical-free home remedy to nourish your skin? Treat yourself to an avocado face mask. Avocado, with its nutritional properties, takes care of your dry, itchy or chapped skin and revitalizes your skin. Applying an avocado face mask will offer your skin a number of benefits, which many of your beauty products can’t give you.
What Makes Avocado Special?
Avocado is loaded with minerals such as iron, calcium, potassium, vitamins A, E, B and K. It contains beta-carotene and lycopene in large quantities. These organic compounds are known for improving the texture and tone of your skin. Moreover, it eliminates signs of premature aging. The moisturizing power it has will keep your skin fresh always. A face mask using avocado is good in fighting acne. If you don’t have time for a face mask, even drinking an avocado smoothie or eating an avocado helps you. The avocado face masks are effective even when they are made with avocado alone. However, when combined with other ingredients, their specific properties will maximize the benefits of an avocado face mask.
1. Avocado–Honey Face Mask
These two natural ingredients make a fantastic combination for a face mask. Honey itself is super nourishing and extremely moisturizing. The enzymes in raw honey help you keep pores clear and clean. This works well for dry skin.
- Take 1 fresh avocado
- After removing the skin and the seed, mash it to a creamy pulp
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey to it
- Stir it well to make it into a paste
- Spread a thin layer on your face
- Wash your face after 10-15 minutes
2. Avocado–Oatmeal Face Mask
Another great moisturizing mask. Oats are part of many moisturizers available in the market. Oatmeal can help in reversing skin damages caused by pollution or UV rays. It is also efficient in reducing itching in various skin diseases.
- Mash ½ ripe avocado
- Blend it with ½ cup of oatmeal
- Wash your face with warm water and soap
- Apply the freshly prepared avocado mix on your face
- Leave it for ten minutes
- Later rinse it off with lukewarm water
- You can even try avocado with a little milk
3. Avocado–Cucumber Face Mask
This mask is a great treatment to reduce acne breakouts.
- Take 1/2 cup of avocado pulp
- Mix it with two tablespoons of cucumber juice
- Wash your face well and then apply the mask over your face
- Let it be there for 10 to 15 minutes
- Wash the mask off with lukewarm water
- Pat your skin dry with a soft towel
4. Avocado–Yogurt Face Mask
Yogurt can do wonders for your skin. The lactic acid in yogurt can dissolve dead skin cells. Thus, it is good for acne-prone skin. Its combination with avocado gives you that special glow on your face. This mask is beneficial especially during cold winter months.
- Mash ¼ ripe avocado in a bowl
- The pulp should be lump free
- Add 1 teaspoon of plain yogurt to the pulp
- If you have an oily skin, use a low-fat yogurt
- Stir them well
- Spread it onto your face for 10 minutes
- Wash it later with lukewarm water
5. Avocado–Banana–Egg Face Mask
Banana is packed with powerful anti-oxidants and phytochemicals. It can revitalize and smoothen your dry skin and fights acne-causing germs. It protects against free radicals that cause oxidative stress and premature aging. And egg yolk is also nourishing to the skin as it is rich in water, multivitamins as well as minerals.
- Take 1/2 ripe avocado, 1/2 ripe banana, and 1 egg yolk
- Blend all the ingredients together to form a paste
- Apply the mask to your clean face
- Leave it on for 10-15 minutes
- Wash it off with warm water