The first flutter in the pregnant belly is the happiest moment for any expectant mom. Are you wondering what exactly your baby does inside? Your baby in the womb does a lot of interesting and amazing things apart from moving and kicking around. Get to know the secrets of your baby while inside the womb.
17 Amazing Things Your Baby Does Inside The Womb
- The very first movement of your baby starts in the ninth gestational week. Although the first movements are not really felt, you can see it in an ultrasound.
- The little bundle of joy inside your tummy can stretch, twist, and kick. Isn’t it adorable? These fetal movements begin between 16th and the 20th gestational week.
- The life of the little baby is very active inside the womb. Your baby can move 50 times or more every hour. How fast is that? Movements like flexing, moving the limbs, kicking, head movements, trying to touch and feel the warm womb, touch themselves, licking the uterine wall, reach out and pull the umbilical cord etc..
- The baby in the womb can clearly recognize your
- Certain gestures which they develop while in the womb could very well stay with them for life.
- Did you know your baby moves along with you? They adjust and move when you try to sit or move around. They become active after you eat or drink.
- Not able to sleep in the night even when you are tired and sleepy – Now, your baby must be active. Your and your baby’s nap time need not be the same. But you can feel at the later stages of pregnancy that your baby’s nap time lasting longer.
- Your growing baby adjusts the position and shifts accordingly inside the womb. The somersaults which were very easy in the beginning of the pregnancy will get replaced with kicks later during pregnancy. This is because of less space inside.
- After about seven months in the womb, the fetus inside spends most of the time sleeping. The brain cycles back and forth between the frenzied activity of rapid eye movement (REM) sleep and non-REM sleep (quiet resting state).
- From the 28th week, your doctor might ask you to count the movements
- Are you finding comfort in sleeping on your left side? It is normal. Some moms feel that this is the right position to monitor the baby and keep them active. This position also increases the blood circulation.
- If you are a mom who laughs a lot, your baby is probably bouncing up and down in the womb when you laugh. That’s interesting, isn’t it? Babies bounce up and down when mothers laugh.
- This isn’t your first pregnancy? Then, your baby is lucky to have a lot of space to rock and roll in the womb. No, we are serious, due to the larger size of the uterus and longer umbilical cord, they have a lot more space inside which turns them into very active babies.
- Are you having a feast and eating the tastiest food? Your baby is tasting the stuff through the amniotic fluid as well. As early as week 15, the fetus has the preference. They swallow more
- There might not be much to see around for the little one in the womb, but your baby will open the eyes sometime around week 28.
- The baby inside will start having hiccups as early as the first trimester.
- Did you get to spot the baby sucking thumb in any of the ultrasounds? Then, you might be lucky. Thumb sucking is a common childhood habit, and your baby wastes no time in getting started. You can even identify your baby being right-handed or left by seeing the hand that he/she prefers in the womb.