Too many people struggle to get healthy and fit, yet, they don’t realize that it can be as simple as taking a walk around the block. I’m always curious when I hear somebody tell me they don’t have time. That is simply wacko thinking! It’s more of not wanting to make time. If you’re one of those people, then getting healthy and fit is simply not a priority in your life. If it were, then you’d find a way. Either you’re going to do it or you’re not. Don’t make stupid excuses and don’t complain that you’re fat and out-of-shape.
Now, if you’re really wanting to get healthy and fit, then I’m going to present to you 15 simple ways that you can engage in on a regular basis that can be challenging, fun and you may not even know it’s a workout.
- The very basic of all exercises is walking. Like I stated above, walking around the block on a consistent basis will get and keep you healthy and fit. No need for a gym. Humans have been walking as long
- Go on a nature hike. You’ll get out into the great outdoors and the various terrains will challenge you too. You might even want to learn about the various plants when you. Did you know that many of them are edible?
- Play in the park. It’s okay to play like a kid again. You have my permission. I do the same.
- Go out dancing. Yes, dancing. The more you move, the more calories your body will burn. Go for whole body movements.
- Do housework. Okay, so this one may not be fun. Still, it’s exercise that is great for your body. Why waste your money on a gym membership when you can clean your house and get fit at the same time.
- Get into gardening. Now that’s Spring, start your own outdoor garden. You’ll get fresh veggies, Vitamin D from the sun and great exercise!
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator. Think of the stairs as your own Stepmaster and it’s free! It’s also a better workout.
- Take 5-10 minutes every hour or
- Do workouts while watching TV at home. If it’s a sporting event, then act as if you’re there and move your body. I would say the same with action-oriented movies as well.
- Get into rock climbing. There are indoor rock climbing facilities that can teach you the basics and from there you can venture outdoors. It works the whole body.
- Get into martial arts. Whether you’re taking it for fun, fitness or self-defense, a good martial arts class should always challenge you to get fit. I’ve been doing it for my whole life and it’s the foundation of all I do. You can say, it’s my first love.
- Rope skipping. This is a great all-around exercise that helps build cardio and muscular endurance as well as timing. The equipment is low cost too.
- Hula hooping. I remember decades ago doing hula hooping and about 10 years ago doing it again. I can tell you that it’s a great core workout. It’s fun too!
- Water activities. Whether you’re
- Yoga. While this ancient activity has been used for countless years, it’s been changed through recent times and adapted for the contemporary market. You can go traditional, hot or any other type of yoga. It’s up to you and what fits your fancy.
There are many, many more ways that you can get fit. From aerobics to weightlifting to Zumba, it’s all there for your choosing. Most important it’s up to you to get moving. And that is the most important way of all. Movement.