Frankincense is the one essential oil I would not go without. They say, when in doubt, use Frankincense. Known as liquid gold and perhaps the most precious of the essential oils, frankincense is an ancient oil used by the Egyptians, Greeks, Romans and highly sought after by even today for its many uses, including relaxation, immune support, and mood enhancement.
History of Frankincense Essential Oil
When King Tut’s tomb was opened in 1922, alabaster jars for holding Frankincense oil were discovered. The Egyptians practically bathed in it to stay looking young. And we all know the story of how the three wise men brought is as a gift for baby Jesus. And Hippocrates, the “Father of Medicine,” used it to halt a devastating plague in ancient Greece.
Flavour Of Frankincense Essential Oil
It has a divine, rich, woody, and slightly astringent fragrance with hints of honey and citrus.
15 Ways to Use Frankincense
– 3rd Eye Activation / Meditation: Apply directly to space between brow
– Meditation: Use neat or mix with lavender, and apply on the face both in the morning and night
– Get rid of Wrinkles: Use neat or
– Anxiety: Apply a few drops to cupped hands and breathe deeply
– Stress Relief: Apply to your temples and neck
– Cuts: Apply a few drops on cuts, for faster healing
– Immune Support: Take a few drops in a gelatin capsule
– Scar Eraser: Mix with Coconut Oil and apply to scars
– Better Sleep or Dreams: Diffuse by bedside
– Anti-Inflammatory: Apply neat on affected area for soothing comfort
– For The Feet: Mix with Peppermint and apply to bottom of feet
– Cough Comfort: Apply on the neck and throat to soothe irritations in throat or with coughs
– Frustrations: Apply behind the ears and on wrists to erase frustrations
– Bug Bites: Apply on itchy, scratchy skin to soothe irritations
– Mood Enhancer: Diffuse or apply to the neck, to find harmony and clarity